Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Complaint - Erroneously being charged for Wireless Priority Service
turektg

Since Sept. 2019, I have been charged a $4.50/month fee for the Dept. of Homeland Security Wireless Priority Service required by my employer. In addition to not applying my 1st Responder discount.  Every month, I call Verizon and get a different reason, excuse, etc. why they have not waived the fee nor applied my discount.  To date, after 6 months, I still have not received a solution from Verizon.  I have asked to speak to a supervisor, and have had no success. I have checked their website and cannot find where I can file a complaint.  Can anyone give me any advice or information where I can find a solution? 

0 Likes
Re: Complaint - Erroneously being charged for Wireless Priority Service
mama23dogs

If your first responder discount is not being applied, it is most likely because it has not been approved because appropriate documents or information have not been given to Verizon. I would suggest you gather the appropriate documentation and go to a company store.
  Since the $4.99 fee is required by your employer why would it be removed? 🤔

0 Likes
turektg

All paperwork has been submitted and approved, and Verizon customer service has confirmed that.  Each month that I call, I am assured that this month it is taken care of and will be applied next time.  No one can give me a reason why it is not.  That is why I want to file a complaint because I cannot get a straight answer.

0 Likes
mama23dogs

So for 6 months you call in, repeating the same, and getting the same results.  Perhaps do something different?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

To ensure closure, what does the status of the discount show here:
https://www.verizonwireless-employmentvalidation.com/

When reaching the Validation Center, what was the response? 
https://www.verizonwireless-employmentvalidation.com/contactus/

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
JeffcopMS

I signed up for a responder plan and service 12/1/19. Plan was turned off 01/08/20 when I validated my leo.gov email because and I quote. "Your email belongs to the State of Texas program which only qualifies for discounts on measured service." So they qualified me for a discount that doesnt exist for my plan, in a state I'm not in, and canceled my first responder. I have not seen any difference in having WPS or Data Priority as during recent disasters it provided no better access.  I see first net in my future.

The Public Safety 800 number is useless as they only serve 4 east coast states. No ONE has been able to give me my Public Safety Rep for my state.

0 Likes
mama23dogs

@JeffcopMS wrote:

I signed up for a responder plan and service 12/1/19. Plan was turned off 01/08/20 when I validated my leo.gov email because and I quote. "Your email belongs to the State of Texas program which only qualifies for discounts on measured service." So they qualified me for a discount that doesnt exist for my plan, in a state I'm not in, and canceled my first responder. I have not seen any difference in having WPS or Data Priority as during recent disasters it provided no better access.  I see first net in my future.

The Public Safety 800 number is useless as they only serve 4 east coast states. No ONE has been able to give me my Public Safety Rep for my state.

Take your documentation to a corporate store.

• First responders can provide one of the following documents: Paystub, pension stub, volunteer ID or Statement of volunteer service.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/discount-program/

0 Likes