Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Considering closing account
g00se

Last night, my long-lived Galaxy s6 finally died. It's a total brick. 

After work today, I tried to get a new phone. I drove 20 minutes to the closest Verizon store. They told me they didn't have the phone I wanted. So I went to Walmart. Walmart asked for my pin. The same pin I have used since getting my first phone. The pin didn't work, and after several attempts, I was locked out. We called Verizon. Verizon wants to text me or call me back on a phone that is not working. The hold message said "8-11 minutes." 20-minutes later, the Walmart worker told me I should go back to Verizon. 

Back at Verizon, I spend another hour, including 30 minutes on hold. Nothing resolved. I'm finally told they are closing for the evening. The Verizon store employee says she deals with this 2-3 times per day. 

I drive back home. Get on the website. The links do not work on the security settings. I try to use the "chat" feature. Not a real person. Circular reasoning on trying to find a solution to changing my pin. 

I finally take an old, unlocked phone, shove my SIM card in it and can change my PIN. 

4 hours later, and I still don't have a new phone. In contrast, I bought a $15,000 car in one hour in February.

I'm going to sleep on it, but I think tomorrow I will check out Verizon's competition. 

And, yeah, I'm posting this here to see if Verizon will do anything to hang onto a 12-year customer. 

0 Likes
Re: Considering closing account
g00se

Here's my beef. I could tell the employee helping me my phone number, account password, security question answer, zip code, billing address. I could even have shown them a photo ID to verify it's me, but because I didn't have the 4-digit pin, I spent HOURS trying to figure this out. And live support was not available during any of this. 

The staff person at the Verizon store stated she deals with this daily. So take my experience in one store and multiply that by thousands of stores around the country. That tells me Verizon has a known issue that they are unwilling to address. 

So today I am taking off work to try and get a working phone. Yeah, I'm mad. If things go smoothly, I'll stick with Verizon, but if this turns into another multi-hour event, I will end the account and switch to AT&T. 

0 Likes
Re: Considering closing account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

g00se, your longevity with us for 12-years is greatly appreciated & we wouldn't want you to leave us at all. This entire situation is disheartening & we truly never try to make anything difficult for our customers. We sincerely apologize that we did not have the phone you were looking for at our store. What exact make & model phone are you looking to purchase? It's not too clear, but were you able to activate an older phone on your line to use until you purchase your new phone?   AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes