Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Continued to be charged for Hulu & Disney + after canceling account
Guillo

Moved to a new home where Verizon signal was not available. Had to switch to AT&T.

Paid off my Verizon account, paid off my Verizon credit card, canceled my Verizon credit card, canceled my Verizon plan, ported my numbers over to AT&T in January 2021.

In February I received an email from Verizon stating my bill was ready, it was for the Hulu & Disney + add-on subscription.  I tried logging into my Verizon account online but it wouldn't show me the bill and would not allow me to pay the bill. Went to Hulu and the subscription states the account must be managed through Verizon. Called Verizon (~2 Hour time commitment on the phone). Got through to someone and they stated I just needed to pay the bill and that would be the last one I would receive. 

Then the next month, March, I get another email stating my bill for the add-on is ready. Same process, cannot log into the account, have to call (~2 Hours on the phone to speak with someone). 

They promise me I need to just pay the bill and it would be the last time this happens. I pay the bill. 

April, same email appears in my inbox. I am frustrated at this point and dreading waiting around for ~2 hours on the phone. 

June comes around and I get a late bill notice in my email, I go into the store and explain the situation...The customer service reps in the store state they cannot help me and I could wait with them for ~2 hours to speak with someone on the Verizon customer service hotline. I told them that I did not have time that day and would be back. 

Time gets away from me again, and it is August now, they finally cancelled the Disney and Hulu accounts, but I am left with a $70 bill.   

What do I do now? I do not want to pay $70. I tried at least 3 times (5 if you count the store visits)  to cancel the add-on and I documented each time. I do not want this to go to collections, I can pay the bill, but at this point its principle. I am never late on my bills and I thought I did everything right to break-up with Verizon... 

0 Likes
Re: Continued to be charged for Hulu & Disney + after canceling account
acraftylady2

Did you go into your account under add ons and actually cancel it?  If not probably why you are still bring billed.  

0 Likes
Guillo

when I log into my account and click on anything it says, “We encountered an error while processing your request.

Please try again later.”

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I am sorry you are unable to get into your account. I am sure I can help. I have sent you a private message so we can look into your account.-Amber

0 Likes