Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Covid 19 deals
Lindsmyers123

While looking on my Verizon for nothing in particular I stumbled across deals for first responders, nurses, and teachers.  These are all very important people in this time of need but what about the Respiratory Therapists running the vents saving these patients lives.

i have been an RT for over a decade and we are always forgotten it’s always doctors and nurses.  They are just as important as we are, but let me tell you when a very sick pt comes in and needs to breath with the help of a vent they scramble looking for one of us.  We are specialized to save people, if you can’t breath your dead bottom line.  I think it’s amazing that companies are recongizing any health care worked or essential worker at this time however we are on the front lines as well.  This is a droplet born disease and we are the ones right in the patients faces, there have been many many deaths of RTs to date and I’m willing to bet it’s higher than RNs and DRs so please if your going to recognize them don’t leave us out for once we deserve the recognition that we never get.  RTs are humble and do this for our pts not the praise but sometimes it’s nice to be remembered.

Lindsey RRT

Tags (1)
0 Likes