Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Credit Report Ruined - Help!
acantre

I’ve been cursed by the exact same issue many I’ve seen on here having.

My story: I transferred my longstanding phone line to my wife’s account when we married and never received an invoice for anything owed on my “previous” account.  We’ve been on autopay the entire time, and each month Verizon gets our phone line payments.  Many months after this transfer is completed, I’m blindsided when my credit score gets dropped by over 100 points because Verizon sent me to collections for $52 owed on the “previous” account.  This is on a phone number I had prior to combining my account with my wife and still currently have.  I called Verizon immediately when I saw this, and was instructed to pay.  I explained the billing/account situation and the recovery team was absolutely horrible to me, offered no apologies, and continues to refuse to take it off my report despite the fact that I paid it (again, despite being never notified and still being a customer who pays each and every month).  I will never understand how a billion dollar company can absolutely ruin people with no remorse or solution. I can’t buy a home because of $52 that could have and should have just been deducted from my account!  I’ve been a customer for 10+ years, and I’m beyond devastated.  I’ve spent hours trying to find a solution. I contested it to the credit bureaus, but Verizon denied it.  $52 and no fault of mine, after a lifetime of hard work, will leave my credit damaged for years.  Please help me.  I’ve tried everything.  I don’t want to leave, but I can’t seem to get any help.  This is the one avenue I haven’t begged and pleaded at.  I’ll do anything at this point. 

0 Likes
Re: Credit Report Ruined - Help!
acantre

Anyone from the support team -please respond.  I’m getting ignored on all fronts here. 

0 Likes
Re: Credit Report Ruined - Help!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are here for support and happy to help, acantre. How can we assist you today? *Cheyenne

0 Likes