Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Credit taken way after it was applied to account
itpro821

To make a long story short. I had $69.00 credit applied to my account to bring down my balance to $56. So paid before the due date. Then after the due date came and when I saw that I owed $40 plus that a late fee will be apply to my next bill. I have spoke to a chat agent. They said that system moved the $69 credit from one bill to another after I paid it had a $0.00 balance. 

0 Likes
Re: Credit taken way after it was applied to account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We know seeing things flip back and forth with your balance can lead to confusion, and we want to ensure you have what you need with the bills, itpro821. A credit adjustment should apply directly toward the current balance unless there is a pending charge for the next bill. Was there any changes to the account after you'd paid the balance? 

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Credit taken way after it was applied to account
itpro821

Oh yes after the credit was applied to the account I paid off the balance about a week latter I had another balance on the account. I end up having to file with the FCC to get some answer from VZ. So happen was the system put the credit on the bill and removed it after I paid it off the 1st time. lesson of the story is pay the bill just a day before it due 

0 Likes