Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Customer Service Frustration
ChrisT59

This is generally about the ability or inability to reach someone at Verizon and actually get any resolve to plans and billing questions.  I have been a loyal Verizon customer for probably 15 years.  I have 5 devices and all I want is for someone to answer my call and speak with me for a few minutes.  Today, after making an appointment for a phone call and waiting for that appointment for 20 minutes, I got the call was placed on hold for 15 minutes waiting for the Agent to engage only to be hung up on 2 minutes into the call.  That person texted me saying "sorry for that and I will call you back".  It has been 2 hours, no return phone call.  Then I tried chatting with an agent and was disconnected from the first agent after getting halfway through my questions.  The new agent engaged and after I repeated my first questions, "Amina" never returned to the chat.  Who can help?  I tried the 800 number twice only to be disappointed twice.  Not trying the number again.

Re: Customer Service Frustration
9wood

They hang up you and fail to help I been threatened earlier today to have my service terminated by one on the phone claimed I was calling for no reason and could not get help because I'm only paying 50 a month and said she is marking my account for cease and desist i.e silence me how dare I expect help

0 Likes
Tigerstep

Unless it's an actual issue, rarely would someone need to call.

Wanna know about the new phone? Google it. Why is your bill different this month? Look at your two most recent bills to compare. What promotions are running? They are listed on the website with promotion qualifiers included. Make a payment? IVR or My Verizon, takes just a few minutes. Need a plan change? My Verizon. Need to order a phone? My Verizon or any other retailer with an online store.

There's more, but you get the idea. When people become lazy, they expect some stranger in a call center to do everything for them. This leaves less people available to help people with real problems and why your hold time is so high.

Here is some insight of why you don't get a call back. Reps get back to back calls their entire shift. The moment the call ends with you, another call immediately comes in. They get yelled at for not being in "ready" to take those calls right away. If people were less rude, they'd quit less. If pay was higher, more would take the job. If customers took 5 seconds to do a Google search, someone with an actual problem wouldn't have to wait so long.

It's not a Verizon problem, everyone is to blame.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello ChristT59,

We know how important it is to be able to reach us when you have questions about your account. This past holiday/shopping weekend was very busy indeed. In addition to the support we offer at this link https://www.verizon.com/support/contact-us/ we also offer support on Facebook and Twitter. We can also help answer your questions here. What questions did you have about your account?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
ChrisT59

I’m sorry but I don’t want to try to communicate my questions electronically. I’ve tried to work through all my questions through My Verizon and the website seems to be overwhelmed as I spent 2-3 hours trying to purchase two phones and was disconnected to My Verizon several times during the process, found out as I was going through orders that to get the best deals had to change plans and add coverage which again going through that took several hours and caused me to have to go back and forth. I get technology that works well will create more efficiency for your company but if that technology doesn’t work well, then we consumers opt to call someone which as you know causes overload and under staffed support and ultimately some frustration for customers. What I now feel is that I just gave up and oh well, I guess my bill will just need to be paid even though I believe credits are missing.  It’s a shame. If I had more time and maybe at some time I will, look into not necessarily the cheapest provider but one that has great customer support in the fashion I prefer to get it which would be a blend of electronic and in person conversation. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We don't want it to be a difficult time when contacting us. After 15 years we want to be here for you. If you can't reach us by calling 800-922-0204 please know, we can help here. VCarter_VZW

0 Likes