Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Customer Service Nightmare. I think it is time to switch.
YNo52521

For the past 10 days I have been trying to resolve the issue created by Verizon agent and let me tell you, it is the worst customer service and the biggest nightmare I had to deal with lately...

So. One of the phones on my account (mom's phone) had to be suspended for 2.5 months due to Europe trip. I suspended the line but when she got to her destination her SIM was locked and she couldn't use a foreign one (had phone for over 9 months, should not have been an issue). In attempt to unlock the SIM an agent "unsuspended the line for 5 minutes". It did not help. He said he would suspend it again. Well, he lied. I checked the account the next day and line was still active. (probably was not able to suspend and decided not to tell me)

And that is when the nightmare started... They cannot suspend it again because "only one suspension allowed per year". They realize that the agent made a mistake, yet cannot fix the issue. So they had to submit a ticket to IT to allow the line to get suspended again. I called multiple times to get updates on that ticket. They told me to wait 24 hrs, then 48, then 3 business days. Promised to call back, even scheduled a call back time (with a supervisor), of course no one called. 

Finally 3 days ago an agent said the line was qualified for suspension again and she did it over the chat option. Well guess what.. I got a text that the line needs to be reconnected by 7/22 (my mom is not coming back until 8/25) or it will be disconnected!! Per Verizon policy, we will need to pay fees and will loose the phone number if it comes to that. Turns out the agent chose "lost or stolen" option instead of "vacation" and that ticket from IT submitted 6 days ago was never resolved. What kind of people work there that no one can figure out what needs to be done? THEY made a mistake and cannot fix it so a customer is stuck with paying $40/month per line without using it. And no one ever follows up or calls you back. 

I think I will be taking my $326/month service to another provider after 7 years because this is truly ridiculous. 

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service Nightmare. I think it is time to switch.
Doggo
Novice

It's not one suspension per year. You get 1 lost/stolen suspension with no charge for 30 days, a reduced rate suspension used for trips that's good for 90 days and a suspension with billing if you already used your 90 days reduced rate. These are in a rolling calendar you. You can suspend more than once, but you only get a limited amount of days before you get charged the same regardless if service is active or suspended.

Under no circumstances should the lost/stolen option be used unless its actually missing. Doing so to "save" the customer money only ends up making a huge mess of things.

0 Likes
YNo52521

1. I was trying to re-suspend, message I got as a pop up "You already used 1 suspension in the last 12 months". Four different customer service reps said the same thing - if it was un-suspended, you cannot do it again, regardless of how many days the line was suspended for (it was 1 day for us)

2. Yeah, under no circumstances "lost/stolen" option should be used... Yet verizon agent was the one who chose this option without notifying me of doing so. Their customer service reps seem to be very poorly trained, no one knows what the are doing and the customer is paying the price.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@YNo52521 ,

It's very disappointing to hear this had happened, although there's a bit more we'd still need to know about. No one wants to see you go, but if your mother's phone was not able to work with a non-Verizon SIM, that would be because the phone itself is either not compatible or not carrier unlocked. A suspension status would not affect that. 

As for different suspension options, the vacation suspension is available once per 12 month period and can last for up to 90 days. If a help ticket had already been filed for this issue, then we would need to allow it to be resolved first. As for the lost/stolen option that you had said was used, that will result in disconnecting the line after 30 days if that status is not removed. You can remove any suspend through My Verizon, so have you been able to do that since getting that text notification?

0 Likes