Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Customer Service has declined significantly
kevinjpriest

My recent call to Verizon customer service took 2 and a half hours to complete. It involved waiting 45 min to get someone on the line, being transferred twice, and hold time. The call ended with with it being disconnected, as the final representative to whom I spoke seemed inexperienced or confused. My call involved removing a phone line I did not recognize on my bill and requesting assistance choosing a better plan. I was not reimbursed for charges incurred for the fraudulent line that mysteriously appeared on my bill, and it took approximately an hour and a half to get the line removed. I was then transferred to another representative to help me select a plan better suited for me and the call was disconnected after 45 min (not from my end).  I don't want to call back because the time on the call ended at about 2.5 hours total and I don't feel like waiting another unreasonable amount of time to be connected to another representative. I am pretty frustrated and have considered looking at other carriers after being a loyal Verizon customer for 22 years.

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service has declined significantly
Tigerstep

1) It's Sunday

2) Covid-19 

Majority of unrecognized lines are usually something like a tablet or a hum. These are lines that would have had terms and conditions accepted by a customer. Disconnects for any carrier bills to the end of your cycle, an on demand disconnect outside of the first 14 days, terminal illness or death require a supervisor's discretion. You typically have 180 days to dispute charges so it's on us as the customer to check bills regularly.

You should never have to call in for basics such as plan changes, that is easily doable from your My Verizon account. These tools exist to NOT have to be on the phone for hours.

NewOldcustomer

@kevinjpriest

@Tigerstep  is correct on every point.   Stores are closed, phone reps are SWAMPED, so hand-holding isn't happening.    And if you think the competition is any better, read their forums.  

0 Likes
kevinjpriest

I am fully aware of the situation regarding Covid-19.  However, Verizon's Customer Service has been declining for several years now. Wait times have been unreasonable, calls have been mysteriously dropped before any resolve, and the agents seem inexperienced and confused. My most recent call was to receive assistance from someone to help me understand and select the best plan based on my use/needs, as my current monthly bill is $167.00. Verizon would like its customers to use the tools on My Verizon accounts so they don't have to pay people to help you, not to make it easier for customers. I know that all corporations are doing this to generate more profit but other companies continue to provide a higher level of phone support than a company that specializes in communication. 

I do not know how a new line was added to my account, and the phone number is not only unrecognizable to me but not connected to any device.  I was being charged $10 a month for this. I was also not directed to a supervisor or provided a possible solution to correct the situation, nor should I have to know it is the protocol. 

Verizon generated 31.4 billion dollars in revenue in 2019. I believe that taking personal responsibility for our accounts is very important, but showing some understanding and making this right is a drop in the bucket to a corporation of this magnitude, and would go a long way in maintaining a positive reputation. BTW, I hope Verizon is paying you, Tigerstep!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We certainly appreciate all your time with us, kevinjpriest. So sorry to hear about the time spent getting help and the call dropping. That's definitely not the experience we want for you. I can understand why it would be confusing to find an unexpected line on your account and we're happy to look into that. So we can best help out, we've sent a Private Note. 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes