Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Customer Support Rep ridiculous answer over chat about increased fees
Evilmeeko

I received a 10% increase in my bill suddenly this month, with what they are calling a "Plan Rate Adjustment Single"  for $6 for a single line!  that's outrageous.  When i spoke to the Rep, they said it's an "economic recovery fee" and is mandatory.

When i looked it up online, it said it would $1.73 per line (verified this is the case on my girlfriend's account)  yet mine is $6.00 for my single line..  when i asked about this, he said "you have an old grandfathered plan and that is why it is higher".

He then said it was a "one time charge"  and then later in the same conversation, said it would be a recurring charge and my new bill will be 10% higher because of my old plan...

So being a customer for 20+ years apparently gets me MORE fees and bogus CHARGES.  time to switch carriers

Re: Customer Support Rep ridiculous answer over chat about increased fees
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We value your long-time loyalty here with us, Evilmeeko. The last thing we want is to lose you as a customer. We apologize for any confusion this has caused, and we want to get a second opinion on this increase. We sent you a Private Note, so we can continue working together.

-Jason

0 Likes
Evilmeeko

So the rep wasted my time and gave me the run around and said “that’s the way it is for everyone.  Some people got $1.73, some $6, and others $12 fee.  It depends on their plan”

what a crock!  So I have been a customer for 20 years and this is how they treat me because I have a “grandfathered” plan?  I decided to go with xfinity mobile, half the price and get a free phone as well.  Don’t waste your time with Verizon’s greed any more 

superbeast

I just got off the chat, and the person LIED to me about the $6 being a new tax. They were very adamant about this, and even said it would be under the "tax" section of my next bill.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello Superbeast, I would love to review your bill and see the details on what the $6 charge is. We know there has been some Surcharge increase in our bills at an average of around 1.76/per line on my account but under add-ons, it is the subscription.  You can see each charge here- https://m.vzw.com/m/viewyourbill

- Jose

0 Likes
Lostalltogether

Just got my bill and found the same charge. Being punished for having an older plan. The older plan just means loyal long term customer. I guess verizon no longer wants those kind of customers.

KIMJEW39

Same issue - but my bill went up $12/month for 2 lines.  This is a 24% increase! I was told the increase was for those who share their plan. But clearly others had the increase as well. The solution given was to sign up for a "better" plan that would be $30/month more.  Not to mention, there was no notice about this increase in fees. 

I am retired, on a fixed income, and like others here, a longtime Verizon customer.  I will be looking at other carriers.

superbeast

Hey Jose,

When you look at how Verizon did last year (profit of $22billion last year):

https://www.verizon.com/about/news/verizon-ends-2021-strong-wireless-service-revenue-and-eps-growth

These nickel-and-dime schemes are disgusting. Great for shareholders, terrible for long-term customers but do need to get that ARPA even higher. At least this will be my last Verizon bill.

Not your fault Jose, thank you for your time.

0 Likes