Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Customer service has slipped
ArtP1

I have been a long-time customer of Verizon and listed them among the companies that I would never quit due to their great customer service.  That was until the other day when I spent over an hour trying to get someone on the phone to help me with an activation problem on my new phone.  They use Covid as an excuse, but it's now been around for 8 months, so I would guess that they should have gotten it together.  I believe that they have gone to the use of "digital assistant," but people in their 70s want to talk to a real person.  When I finally got help, it was great, but reaching someone live was almost impossible.  Unfortunately, as a company it has slipped in my opinion.

Re: Customer service has slipped
Tigerstep

You're free to field those calls yourself or get friends and family to do so.

Most of that wait time are other customers wasting agent time for things they could easily do themselves. If people weren't so irredeemably rude over the phone, less people would quit. People don't get paid nearly enough for the mess they tolerate in call centers.

0 Likes
9wood

I had one waste over an hour talking over me constantly putting me on hold at start he put me on hold return a minute later claimed was fixing my issue than claimed didn't know what my issue was proceed to talk over me more hold and went silent and stated he gets paid regardless was nothing more than a joke to him doing this to customer they know nothing will happen to them. Avery obvious fact

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

ArtP1, I'm sorry to learn about the experience that you had trying to get in contact with a live agent. Please know we'd be sad to see you leave the Verizon Wireless family. I'm happy to learn though that you were able to get assistance with your activation issues. Please know you can find all the ways to reach customer service by following this link https://www.verizon.com/support/contact-us/

-KevinR_VZW

0 Likes