Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DEAD ZONE AT HOME
billylee919

I have recently moved and only moved across the street from my previous address. I had great service at my old address but now I can't get anything. I feel like I'm wasting my money and all my data I am not able to use. How can I boost the signal or anything to be able to use my phone at home? I don't have cable or Wi-Fi because dish and direct are the only providers and I despise both of those companies. I have had nothing but a horrible experience since day one with Verizon and it keeps getting worse.

Labels (1)
Re: DEAD ZONE AT HOME
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Billylee919, we do value your time. I understand the importance of having service especially at home. Let’s get this figured out. What is your zip code?
AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
billylee919

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

billylee919, it's important to us that you have reliable service. At this time, no issues have been reported in North Carolina. Your device is designed to retrieve signal from the nearest wireless tower. However, signal can be challenging indoors to due to restrictions caused by the materials that your home was built with. As a result, no wireless provider can guarantee services in all building structures. You mentioned that you have this issue inside of your home. How's service when you leave your residence? 

There's an option to boost signal into your home. The Network Extender enhances indoor calling and 3G data coverage to provide better service for your Verizon Wireless mobile device. It's an extension of our network placed directly in your house or small business office. The Network Extender is compatible with all Verizon Wireless devices and works like a miniature tower. It plugs into your existing high-speed Internet connection to communicate with the Verizon Wireless network, which makes it easy to install.

For more information regarding the network extender, click http://vz.to/1RurdpM

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GailMetcalf

I, too, have a dead zone issue within my dwelling in Independence, MO.  Calls do not come through or go out while in my home.  Help?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're sorry that you experience service indoor issues, GailMetcalf. I understand that you only experience service issues inside your dwelling, and I want to set the correct service expectations.

Structural interference and several other factors outside of our control (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/troubleshooting-wireless-signal-coverage-video/) can greatly impact radio signals and we cannot guarantee indoor service.

Phone manufacturers are well aware of indoor signal challenges and this is why most Smartphones now include a WiFi Calling feature. This feature will greatly improve your indoor service when connected to a WiFi network. Please connect your phone to your WiFi network when one is available and visit this link (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-208397/) for steps to turn on the WiFi Calling feature on your phone.

I am confident that this feature will improve your indoor service and will minimize the possibilities for your phone to miss important calls going forward. How does this sound?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes