Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DON't Trust CS agent's promises. Verizon WON'T Honor
kyoon815

I ordered new phone, Samsung Galaxy S22+, on 2/13/2022 because Verizon had this $700 trade-in personalized offer for upgrading device with unlimited plan.

I needed some clarification about the deal so I chatted with Agent named Katie who placed the order and initiated trade-in order for me on 2/13/2022. I asked her if I’m eligible for this offer without having to change the plan. She confirmed that I would be receiving $40 for the value of my old device + $700 for the trade-in promo. I thought it was bit strange that I’m receiving extra $40 but I was not complaining for extra credits. I thought, if they offer $700 and no need to change my current unlimited plan, the deal was too good to pass up. After placing the order, Agent Katie gave me the conversation ID for my reference.

After ending the conversation with Agent Katie, I received an email confirming the order and confirming the initiation of the trade-in order. On the email, however, I noticed immediately that my trade-in value was showing as $40.00 instead of $740.00. I went right back to chat and the chat was initiated with another agent named Jackie. I asked Agent Jackie to check to see if my trade-in value is correct and Jackie confirmed and said:

“Upon carefully checking, the agent confirm that the promotion was successfully linked to the order, since it’s a pre-order, you will get the $740 once the trade in return is received in the warehouse.” And then she gave me promotion ID that I can refer to.

Weeks later, after turning in my old device, I contacted Verizon again to see when I would receive the $740 promo. Surprisingly, the agent named Susan told me that I’m not eligible for the $700 promo because I needed to change my current plan to more expensive one. I chatted with her over many hours on Friday night until like 4:30 AM in the Saturday morning which completely ruined my Saturday. I was furious because it was totally different from what I was promised when I placed the order for new phone. So, I submitted a ticket on Saturday, 3/5/2022, and explained what happened and one agent I talked to on 3/5/2022 told me as below:

“We have copies of the chats, I have made notes in your account that once the device has been inspected by the warehouse that we will need to do a Promo Correction and since 2 agents advised of the $740 we have to honor that amount. I apologize for the inconvenience and the misinformation, but we will stand by what you were promised. I hope this helps and please do not worry. Thank you for being part of our Verizon family, and we will take care of you.”

So, I waited again until the completion of assessment, and had a chat with Verizon again under the same support ticket number I submitted on 3/5/2022. It was different agent and the agent would tell me the same thing about my current plan level being eligible for the $740 promo. I told the agent what happened on 2/13/2022 and what the agent said on 3/5/2022. And the agent said the following:

“Please do not worry as I can check youre eligible for the $700 Trade in promotion however you will ether get the Trade In promotion value or the actual device Trade in value which is $40. You cannot get both as when the promotion is applied is applied your Trade In value is upgraded to the promotion value. So after the promotion is applied you will get $700 promo amount on monthly payment credits which will be $19.44 for 36 months. Do you want me proceed with the promo correction, no need to switch your plan?”

So I had to go with $700 instead of $740 that was initially promised to me, and asked the agent to proceed with the promo correction and then the agent said shortly after as below:

“I have checked the details and I can see that your device payment is not started yet. Please let the bill gets generated and then we will get it fixed.”

So, I waited YET AGAIN until the bill generated, and then contacted Verizon again on 3/15/2022 under the same support ticket number. I asked an agent to fix my bill now that my bill had been generated but guess what? An agent would repeat same thing about my current plan level not being eligible for the $700 promo. So I had to explain my story YET AGAIN. And then my message had been ignored for a good long while until 3/17/2022 when another agent showed up. After listening to what I said and reviewing previous chat history, this agent told me as below:

“Based on the information I found here the 1st rep that initially processed the order didnt process the trade-in with any promotion. Then the second rep that processed the trade-in misinformed you about the $740 trade-in promotion. This means that even if we submit a promo correction for it will be declined since the line doesnt meet the requirements. What we can do here is to have it raised back to the previous rep and their supervisor to see if they will honor what was promised.”

I asked the agent to please do raise this to supervisor and previous rep. I actually did appreciate this agent because, unlike many other agents I talked to, this agent had common sense and actually listened and went over the chat history. And this agent was the first agent who was willing to raise the issue to supervisor level.

Shortly after finished talking to this agent, another agent named Loren showed up and introduced herself and that she would take over this matter. After reviewing my conversation history, agent Loren said the same thing about my current plan level not being eligible for $700 trade-in promo. The only difference of Agent Loren was that she offered me that Verizon would upgrade my plan and cover the price difference for 6 months because in order for her to offer me $700, she would need to upgrade my plan first.

So basically, Verizon would pay the price difference of my current plan and upgraded plan for 6 months and then I would have to pay the increased bill for at least 30 months until I pay off the device. I, of course, decline this offer because there is no way I would pay extra $10 for 30 months for the upgraded benefit and perks that I don’t need or want. Then agent Loren told me that promotion offer for Galaxy S22 series just started in March and only Galaxy S21 series were eligible for the $700 promo at the time I pre-ordered my S22+. I told her this is not true because I received an advertising email from Verizon on 2/9/2022, telling me to get New S22 Series with trade-in and select unlimited plan. I asked her email address so I could forward the email but she asked me to copy the contents and paste on the chat support.

But at that very moment, all of sudden, I was kicked out of the ticker support window and I was unable to access my own support ticket and its conversation history. I kept getting message “your request could not be processed at this time. Please try again later.” So I started chat instead of trying to accessing the support ticket discussion window. I was able to continue the conversation with agent Loren in the chat. She said she raised this issue to supervisor and it may take up to 10 business days.

Putting what the deal actually offered aside, Verizon clearly misinformed me into getting a new phone and hooked myself into another 36-month contract and abandon my perfectly functioning LG V50. I just can’t believe they would say something that is not true in my face and not honor the promise they made to customer. They call me valued customer and thanking me for staying loyal with Verizon and this is how they treat for their valued customers with loyalty?

My takeaway from this horrible interaction with Verizon is that don't trust Verizon and its agents' promise. It doesn't anything to them and they really don't know what they're talking about. There's a reason why Verizon got rid of 24 month contract and only offering 36 month contract. Because nobody wants to stay with Verizon long enough.

If I don't get this $700 promo that I was promised, I will start looking for another carrier like Mint Mobile or T-Mobile and eventually move on from Verizon either right after my contract ends or maybe I might just pay off the device and move on if I just can't stand this unscrupulous corporation. You guys should, too.

I will post update on what happens with my issue raised to supervisor if anyone cares enough.

Thanks for reading.

1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: DON't Trust CS agent's promises. Verizon WON'T Honor
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Kyoon815, thank you so much for providing me with all the details about the recent interactions that you have had with our agents since February 13th. We would be sad to see you leave the Verizon Wireless family and we do want to make sure that we review all the details of your account to find out what is going on with the promotion and the offer that you were provided. So I can get more account specifics, I am going to send you a Private Note. Can you please respond to that Private Note for me? Thank you. I'm looking forward to working with you. 

-Kevin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Kyoon815, thank you so much for providing me with all the details about the recent interactions that you have had with our agents since February 13th. We would be sad to see you leave the Verizon Wireless family and we do want to make sure that we review all the details of your account to find out what is going on with the promotion and the offer that you were provided. So I can get more account specifics, I am going to send you a Private Note. Can you please respond to that Private Note for me? Thank you. I'm looking forward to working with you. 

-Kevin

0 Likes
kyoon815

I don't if you even read my story thoroughly.

I responded to your PM and I was directed to another agents who would repeat the same thing I heard from previous agents. Not helpful at all.

kyoon815

Thank you for reaching out to me.

I talked to an agent named Gert and this wonderful agent resolved my issue in 2 hours that other agents couldn't in weeks.

I did have to go through some hassle, but I'm glad Verizon honored their promise to me regarding this $700 promo.

Gert is really great agent. He is the reason why I'm still a Verizon customer.