Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Usage Notifications
pixelcat

I am still trying to resolve an issue concerning data usage messages from Verizon. A few days ago I started to receive messages that I was close to going over my data limit on my plan, which allows for 10 gb a month. I quickly checked my data usage, which showed I had about 5 gb left. I continued to receive more messages, that ultimately stated I had used all my data. Both the app on my phone and the  website show I still have about 5 gb. I have turned off everything on my phone that could effect data since this and have contacted customer service who did not seem to understand the problem. Instead of focusing on the text and email messages not being in agreement with what is shown on the account, I was taken through a litany of possibilities that would cause me to go over my data usage. I continue to check the data monitor and it hasn't budged. So, something isn't right here.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data Usage Notifications
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Keeping your data usage under control is definitely important so I completely understand your concern pixelcat. You've come to the right place for help.

Are you receiving the data usage messages from Verizon Wireless? Are you receiving the messages via text, email or both? What app on your phone are you using to check your data usage? How many lines do you have on the account? Are the other lines receiving the messages as well? How long has this been going on?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pixelcat

I am using the official Verizon app in addition to signing into my account. I am receiving both text messages and emails. I do not believe the problem is on my end if there is a contradiction in the messages I am receiving and the information being given in my account.

0 Likes
Movedaxis18

I just wanted to add my two cents and say that my phone is doing the exact same thing. I watched a three minute video and it went from 77% to 99%

0 Likes
phparker

Same here. My husband and I share data between our 2 phones. We are both getting text alerts from Verizon saying we have used all our data for this cycle. The Verizon App and the online account says we are good.

0 Likes
haassteven

I have had the same thing happen at least three times in the last year. The first time I bought more data with out going to the website. Only to receive the bill and find out we did not even us up the 10g we had. The last two time, I have just let it run out and the bills have all said we were within our limits. I think Verizon has a bug but lets it continue so people set up to a larger plan. Can't wait to read Verizon solution. I'm sure they will just tell up we have to reset our phone again.

0 Likes
jchicone

3 days ago, I received data usage overage alert. Upon checking my data usage, I still have a third of my data to use before I'm out of data. Who do I believe?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We don't want your usage alerts to cause any confusion, jchicone. Are you aware if you have any bonus data on your account? You can always check your data usage by dialing #DATA or accessing your My Verizon account.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kfan4646

We are having the false data alerts, too.  We have called and I have done the online chat. On Wednesday we went from 3 over to 9 over in a few hours.  Yet online showed a 2.3 overage. We called and were told they had no idea but it would be reported.  Then last night I get an alert that says we are 53 GB over.   I did the online chat and a ticket would be put in to resolve the issue.  This morning I get one that said we are 54 over.  Again when you look at the account, it shows the correct amount.  I was assured that the text messages were wrong and the online account info was right.  This is getting a bit ridiculous. My alerts come as a text message. 

0 Likes
pixelcat

These usage alerts are not about "confusion".  This is an issue Verizon, not the customer needs to address. I am sitting on almost 5 gb of data I can't use for fear I will be charged for overage because of these texts and emails.

0 Likes