Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Usage not updating
RogCBrand1

For the last few days I keep checking my Data Usage and it hasn't changed.  I need to keep up with it, because of automatic updates, etc., so I can limit my use if it's getting to close the the limit.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Data Usage not updating
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@ronsather ,

It's great to know that you've been checking your data usage online. However, we have been providing additional data to almost all of our data plans since mid/late March as part of our COVID-19 protection. As you can see under #5 in the "important policy information" here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/covid-19-faqs/#policy , the 15 GB of additional data gets applied automatically, and will not be listed on your account as part of your normal data plan. You are seeing 100% of your data left because you have not used your current plan's data, and still have our free 15 GB left to use. Should you receive any data notifications about how you have X amount remaining, that would be when you have used your data plan's allotment and are now using the free 15 GB we had provided. Does that help explain?

RussellM_VZW

View solution in original post

RogCBrand1

It's been 5 days and my Data Usage hasn't updated yet, so I have absolutely no idea how much data I've used or have left. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for taking the time o bring this concern to us! We know the importance of knowing how much data is remaining. To clarify, are you reviewing your usage through the My Verizon app, or My Verizon website?  MatthewI_VZW

0 Likes
RogCBrand1

Through the website: "https://myvpostpay.verizonwireless.com/myv/myusage/"

I used to use the Data Usage on the Jetpack itself, but that no longer works.

0 Likes
jamieball

I'm having the same problem. I have not been able to any updates to my usage in about 10 days.

I have to monitor my usage very carefully bc I frequently have "ghost charges." 

aligol123

I have same issue and i am using the Verizon web site :  https://www.verizonwireless.com/

It has been more than 20 days that it is not working

RogCBrand1

It would be great if Verizon showed any interest in helping their customers, but I guess that's some Utopian dream...  But this is great for them- if we don't know our usage, then we can easily go over and then they can charge us! 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

There are many ways to monitor usage, RogCBrand1, and it seems you’ve done well to locate them. We do our best to offer real-time updates on data usage. There are times when this is not possible. There’s a wonderful option called Safety Mode that will prevent unwanted overages for those who use our metered plans (ones with limits on data use and potential overages). Here is more detail on Safety Mode: http://spr.ly/660110rnJ. Does this help address your concern?

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
RogCBrand1

No it does not help.  "There are times when this is not possible."  Well, it's been SEVENTEEN DAYS since my Data Usage has updated.  Isn't nearly 3 weeks a little too much.  What is Verizon doing about this.  We pay our bill each month, and in return we expect Verizon to provide the service we pay for.  But for the last couple weeks I just keep getting the run-around.  And it sounds like other people are having the same trouble, but Verizon just doesn't care.  Oh, and the "Safety Mode" does not appear any more- it used to but a couple months ago it vanished. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

You’re correct, RogCBrand1. Three weeks is way too long. We need to see what’s going on in more detail. I’m sending a Private Note to continue our discussion.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes