Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Usage
STNYALL454

What is going on here?  Last night when I checked my data usage the meter said that I had 20% remaining. Today my data is magically gone and I am in safety mode. Right now on the main page after logging in I can see two different alerts literally side by side.  One says that I have 20% of my data remaining while the other says that I have 0% remaining.  How are we supposed to accurately monitor our data usage if we are being given conflicting percentages? 

0 Likes
Re: Data Usage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'm sorry for any confusion this has caused, STNYALL454. I know how important it is to have the correct data usage. Let's look into this further. What information do you see when you access our Data Utilization Tool? https://www.verizon.com/support/tools-for-monitoring-usage/#datau 

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Data Usage
STNYALL454

Last night the data usage meter said that I had 9.90 GB remaining.  It still says that depending on what page I am on. In another page it says that I have 0% remaining. How am I supposed to know which amount to take seriously when they are all different? When I look at the specific time stamped data logs for each device in the data utilization I don't see anywhere that such a large amount of data had been used since yesterday. The data usage numbers are even admitted to be estimated.  Something is very wrong here. I wouldn't trust a bank that estimated how much money I have in my account and then gave my conflicting balances.  If I had known that I was so close to being out of data I would have avoided certain online activities. But with a useless data monitoring system you are left to guess how much data you actually have left until you find out that it's all gone in a last minute surprise. In cases like this the customer is always blamed. I've been down this road before.  Can Verizon at least admit that the data usage meter is unreliable? 

0 Likes