Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data on bill vs phone
espike1966

How come my phone said I used 2 GB of Data but my bill said I used none.   I never got a "notice" of usage on my phone before and I got one last week.   I checked my bill on line and not only did I not use any...I got the 5GB added to my new statement so now i have 10GB.   I don't really use my phone except for texting and FB.   99% I'm on my Wifi       I'm just curious why the phone would say one thing while the actual statement says something else. 

0 Likes
Re: Data on bill vs phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

This is a great question espike1966. This is because your phone can show Wi-Fi data usage as well. Some texting apps can use data as well. Does this help answer your question?

RosanneM_VZW

tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

If your phone said you used 2 GB of data, then you likely used 2 GB of data; your phone also will show you what used that data. The reason you didn't see the usage on your bill is probably due to the 15 GB of data that VzW has provided (on two occasions) due to the COVID-19 situation.

COVID-19 FAQs 

espike1966

Except...EVEN with the extra Data... MY BILL should still show the Data used.  Extra Data doesn't subtract data usage.   If I used 2 GB then my Bill should say "you used 2 GB and you have 10 GB left"

It does not.   My concern is, I don't want to ever pay extra and when I see two different Verizon pages telling me two different things it makes me wonder.      I never use much of my Data but because of Lock down I have noticed I watched randomly FB videos while board on my phone.   

The question is.  Why would my phone say I used 2 GB but my bill doesn't show it.   Is there different "pools"  of Data that show on the phone vs Bill?  

0 Likes
espike1966

Thanks. 

So Wi-Fi Data is just a Phone thing but not something 'billable"?    I ju  st want to be able to look at my phone usage on my phone without having to open up the Verizon page to compare what it says there to determine if I am actually close to my limit (which I never am.) 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That is correct. EstevanC_VZW

0 Likes