Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data overage less than a week after starting new plan
justsammich

I just opened my own plan 08/29 after getting off my family's plan, and I signed up for the medium plan that recently came out. I should have 3 GB a month on this plan, but I am being told on My Verizon that I have gone over my data allowance because it was set to something like .387 GB.

Why is it so low? And how is it fair that I will,be charged overages when I have literally had this plan for two days?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data overage less than a week after starting new plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Making sure you have enough data is crucial, sjohns91. With starting a new account, you more than likely have prorated usage for the month depending on your bill cycle date. When the usage is prorated it does not give the full allowance of the plan for that time period. When your new bill cycle begins, you will have the full amount of data.You can increase your plan here, http://vz.to/1McRojt for one month if needed. When is your bill cycle? How much data will you need until the bill cycle?

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
justsammich

See, I wasn't told this when I signed up for my contract. And I was over before I even left the mall after getting my phone. As for my bill cycle, I think it ends 09/01, but I can't pull it up on My Verizon to see what charged I'm looking at, when it's due by, etc. It tells me that that information isn't currently available. I'm assuming I will get a paper bill in the mail, but at this point I'm not feeling to confident that will happen.

0 Likes
justsammich

Also, the 3 GB will be more than enough for me for the month, but I was not told that amount would not be readily available.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for the details, sjohns91. We definitely want to set the correct expectations when setting up your account. If your bill cycle is the 1st of every month, then your usage has started over today. Online will say your information is unavailable since your current bill is now generating. This can take a few days to complete and a bill will be viewable online as well as mailed to you. Once the bill is ready we can view the usage to see what happened. You can log back into My Verizon within the next few days to view the bill. Please let us know if we can be of any future assistance.

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes