Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data usage rollover
DataArtist

I just realized that Verizon minimizes your rollover usage beyond their 1 month pledge.  I should say they do it in a way that is unusual, and only stands to benefit Verizon.  (You go over and you get plowed for $15 per Gb.)  It seems any normal customer serving business would do as Verizon has said and allow you to carry over your unused data for one month.  But Verizon does something interesting.  Your unused data does roll over, but you don't get to use it until you've used your normal allotment.  This reduces the chance that you will get any rollover since you are using your current allotment, and the rollover is used AFTER your allotment, so if you don't use all of your allotment, you lose that rollover.  ALSO, you are less likely to have any of your allotment to rollover to the next month, since you are using that first.  For one of the most expensive utilities you pay for, it seems Verizon could be a little more on the customer's side.

Re: Data usage rollover
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for the feedback DataArtist. I will lift your suggestion up to our leadership team. We appreciate your business and please reach out if you have any other questions or concerns.

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
bearone21
Leader

you need to use it next month, doesn't keep rolling over from month to month.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

AT&T has the exact same policy for their plans with rollover data. 

Have you considered switching to a unlimited plan to not worry about data overages? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Weth
Sr. Leader

It's been that way for years, since carryover started with Verizon. I doubt they will change at this point, especially since they are trying to drive everyone on the higher revenue generated with the unlimited plans. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Verizon was extremely careful when it initiated this policy to call it carryover data, not rollover. They wanted to make a distinction between themselves and other carriers that just allow data to accrue (to a point. T-mo has a 20 gig cap).   

The policy for carryover data was very carefully spelled out. It is exactly the same as AT&T‘s policy.