Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Dealing with shady "authorized dealers"?
NiBlade

i opened a new account yesterday with an "authorized dealer" because I don't have a corporate store near me and they neglected to mention to me that the phone they were getting from another store was a floor model.. i know this because they forgot to reset it completly and they left pictures of the store on the phone with timestamps dating back up to 6 months ago, that means my phone has been running and being used for that long at least.  my question is how does verizon deal with shady authorized dealers if they refuse to work this problem out for me? i know i have 14 days to return the item, but they have a $50 restocking fee that i know they will try to charge me.. please advise

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Dealing with shady "authorized dealers"?
elliew

Personnaly I would fight that restock fee tooth and nail. Since they did NOT sell you a new device (factory sealed) they are not loosing anything if they take back a floor-model. IMHO

View solution in original post

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Let them know you paid for a new phone.  Floor models aren't supposed to be sold.  You have to deal with that store though, Verizon doesn't deal with anything other than online and corporate stores.  If they won't work with you, return it, eat the $50, and go to a corporate store.

NiBlade

Verizon doesn't do anything to help deal with these types of stores? they give Verizon a bad name? I have to believe there is some sort of recourse I could take with corporate help deal with this store (if they prove to not be helpful).

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

You can always call and try to go up the ladder, but I wouldn't expect much.

B33
Sr. Leader

That's an Ouch and have heard of this happening before as Authorized agents usually buy there Units on a Need to buy basis and when they have a sale and are out of a certain product and they have a second store they swap the unit for what they have possibly have like a iPhone 6 maybe they'll get the Device and sell it..

I've also heard that customers that have bought from these agents have purchased phones that they thought were New..  where actually units brought back to store possibly right before the 14 Day return.. When buying from A.A's it's always a good practice before you walk out of the store to check a few things..

1. Check the Storage Level of the Phone  Internal or External if the phone has a SD slot check for an SD Card..

2. Look in at the Gallery for odd pictures that shouldn't be there.!

3. Check the Phone Book, for any numbers that should not be there..

4. Check the Google Play Store for any apps that should not normally be there

5. Check in the Sounds settings for any extra Ringtones or Notification Tones like one's from Zedge if any shows up)  more n likely a customer had been using the phone or a Staff member of the store was using the phone.. possibly as a personal phone.!

elliew

Personnaly I would fight that restock fee tooth and nail. Since they did NOT sell you a new device (factory sealed) they are not loosing anything if they take back a floor-model. IMHO

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

How did you pay for the phone? If it was with a credit card, you could challenge the charge as being fraudulently sold a new phone when in fact it was not.Smiley Happy

LARUE51

1st thing is 1st this is an independent store it's not really a Verizon store .Got a phone from them on Friday. On Saturday the screen would flash when you push the side button. took it back on Sunday. told they did not have a replacement. It's been allmost a week, no call from west caldwell store
still waiting if i don't hear from them .. i will get my money back and time to go to T-Mobile.. now one week later. My wife called and she was told someone will call you back right away,, that's not gonna happen I could tell you right now.. still no phone call. They are an independent store they'll be happy to sell you a contract with Verizon and sell you one of their phones but they do not stand behind their phones.. I called Verizon they said you're out of luck he's a Independence store. So my advice is go to a real Verizon retail store not some independent. So remember 1st question you should ask is, are you ,an,independent store... if yes, walk out

0 Likes
LARUE51

1st thing 1st, this is an independent store it's not really a Verizon store. Got a phone from them on Friday. On Saturday, the screen would flash when you push the side button. took it back on Sunday. told they did not have a replacement. It's been a week, no call from west Caldwell store
still waiting if i don't hear from them .. i will get my money back and time to go to T-Mobile. now one week later. My wife called and she was told someone will call you back right away, that's not going to happen I could tell you right now. still no phone call. They are an independent store they'll be happy to sell you a contract with Verizon and sell you one of their phones, but they do not stand behind their phones. I called Verizon they said you're out of luck he's an Independence store. So, my advice is going to a real Verizon retail store not some independent. So, remember 1st question you should ask is, are yo1st thing is 1st this is an independent store it's not really a Verizon store. Got a phone from them on Friday. On Saturday, the screen would flash when you push the side button. took it back on Sunday. told they did not have a replacement. It's been allmost a week, no call from west caldwell store
still waiting if i don't hear from them .. i will get my money back and time to go to T-Mobile.. now one week later. My wife called and she was told someone will call you back right away,, that's not gonna happen I could tell you right now.. still no phone call. They are an independent store they'll be happy to sell you a contract with Verizon and sell you one of their phones but they do not stand behind their phones.. I called Verizon they said you're out of luck he's a Independence store. So my advice is go to a real Verizon retail store not some independent. So remember 1st question you should ask is, are you ,an,independent store.... if yes, walk out

0 Likes
LARUE51

1st thing is 1st this is an independent store it's not really a Verizon store .Got a phone from them on Friday. On Saturday the screen would flash when you push the side button. took it back on Sunday. told they did not have a replacement. It's been allmost a week, no call from west caldwell store
still waiting if i don't hear from them .. i will get my money back and time to go to T-Mobile.. now one week later. My wife called and she was told someone will call you back right away,, that's not gonna happen I could tell you right now.. still no phone call. They are an independent store they'll be happy to sell you a contract with Verizon and sell you one of their phones but they do not stand behind their phones.. I called Verizon they said you're out of luck he's a Independence store. So my advice is go to a real Verizon retail store not some independent. So remember 1st question you should ask is, are you ,an,independent store... if yes, walk out

0 Likes