Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Death: Cancel account/Refund
JOCAMAGES

My Mother passed away in September 2021 and after talking to Verizon a number of times, I e-mailed them (as requested) a copy of her death certificate to cancel the account - I am NOT a manager of the account.  The account was canceled but for the last two billing cycles the account has a credit balance.  I called and Customer Service said that since I was not a manager of the account there is nothing they can do about the credit and that we needed to go into a store to receive the funds.  My husband (the Executor of the Estate) went to a corporate store with the death certificate and paperwork showing his status.  He was told at the store that it had to be handled by Financial Services and that we needed to call them.  Today I called the number for Financial Services and after being on hold for 30 minutes someone answered.  After explaining the situation they transferred me to Financial Services (that is who I called in the first place).  I spoke to someone in Financial Services who verified the account and the credit but said I needed to talk to someone in customer service (billing) to have the credit refunded.  I told them I originally started with customer service and their previous response, they assured me that the account is fully verified now and it will be no issue.  Once transferred to customer service - you guessed it - they said we needed to go into a store since I was not a manager of the account.  I am now waiting to talk to a Supervisor but am fairly sure I will get the same runaround.  I have been a loyal customer of Verizon for over 20 years - but this is ridiculous!  We are trying to close out my Mother's estate but Verizon is holding us hostage.

Re: Death: Cancel account/Refund
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

JOCAMAGES My deepest condolences, it's never easy to lose someone let alone deal with this. The FS manager should definitely be able to help you. I would not have a problem looking into if for you but we don't have access on this platform.-Dolores

0 Likes