Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Death of account holder
stsnigh

On October 23, 2019 account holder Eddie passed away.  We immediately contacted Verizon and explained the situation.  They told us we needed to take the death certificate to our local store.  Since we are a rural town in Montana we questioned if they could handle the situation.  The customer service representative assured us that it was a corporate store. Upon receipt of the death certificate we went to our local store and they said that they were not a corporate store. We informed that he was 83 years old at his death and that his widow would not be making the four and half hour drive to a corporate store.  Furthermore, we sent all required documentation to Verizon and they have yet to cancel the account.  They are still continuously sending bills for an inactive phone.  Please inform me as to what we can do. Thank you in advance for your assistance with this matter. 

0 Likes
Re: Death of account holder
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I send my condolences to you and your family. Let's get to the bottom of this once and for all because I know your time is valuable. I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily. AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
RAM2000

My mother passed away on 6 April 2020.  I called to cancel her account and I was given the following two options.

1. I was asked to provide her pin.  I don’t have it.
  2. I was asked to visit a store to close her account and present a death certificate.  Under the current COVID-19 situation, I don’t feel comfortable taking the risk. 

I am happy to upload a copy of her death certificate (like Xfinity allows) or I can mail a copy.  I should point out that I mailed a copy of her death certificate to your billing address to no affect. 

Can you provide guidance that does not require me to take a health risk?  Thank you. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

RAM2000, we are so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother and we wish you and your family well. We can help check on the options available at this time for the assistance on the account. Please send us a Private Note for assistance. JoseL_VZW

0 Likes