Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Death of account holder
mcdonoughm9806

You would think a technology company would have a system in place to email the death certificate and qualification from the court. When I called a month ago, the lady had no problem talking to me and explaining that the reason we received a bill was that it went out before they received her phone.  She confirmed that the phone was received and there was a zero balance that would reflect on the next billing cycle.  Surprise, surprise - I just received another bill for the same amount.  When I called this time, they refused to speak to me until I went to a corporate location with my ID...no mention of the death certificate and my qualification as the executrix. They can keep wasting their money sending bills.  They will not receive a dime from her estate.  

0 Likes
Re: Death of account holder
acraftylady2

So did you already show them your ID and death certificate and they didn't close the account out?

0 Likes
Re: Death of account holder
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Please accept our sincerest condolences on the passing of your loved one, mcdonoughm9806. To answer your first comment, when it comes to Power of Attorney or Executor/Executrix of an estate, you may email applicable documentation to Documenti@hq.verizonwireless.com . We have also sent a private note to look at the account in a more secure setting.

-George

0 Likes