Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Death
Bobb4

I My Dad died and mom needs to cancel his service.  We have BOTH been trying to contact someone for days.  After completing a setup in my verizon it says we cant do it online.  WHY NOT!  GET WITH IT PEOPLE!

0 Likes
Re: Death
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

I’m so sorry for your families loss.

This is standard with all of the major carriers. You cannot cancel a line online, you must call.  
Because of the current pandemic there are fewer customer service reps and many more people calling then usual. This does mean that the wait times may be a couple of hours.

Service would be canceled as of the last day of your current bill cycle without any proration.   So unless your bill cycle ends today, there is not a big rush.

call 611 and just hang in there.  If you are given the option to ask for a department, say loyalty or retention. They are going to send you there anyway

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Bobb4, our condolences to your family. We understand the need to cancel your dad's line. Canceling service can not be done via My Verizon for security reasons. A private note has been sent; please review at your earliest convenience. 

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
jalford5

How does an estate administrator submit documentation to reverse charges for services not rendered on a prepaid Verizon plan?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

@jalford5 wrote:

How does an estate administrator submit documentation to reverse charges for services not rendered on a prepaid Verizon plan?

Prepaid is not like postpaid as in the OP.   Prepaid is like purchasing a can of soda out of the vending machine. The soda cannot be returned and the money has already been paid.   There are no refunds..   The deceased persons accounts should have been closed upon their death which would not allow any further auto refills on their prepaid plan.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'll get you to our Prepaid Team. You can also call them at 888-294-6804. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes