Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Decent Promos for Current Customers
mnfarmwife

I think it is really terrible that you go through hoops like offering free iphones for new customers but dont do much to keep your current ones. To switch to T-Mobile is 85 a month and the free iphone but yet here is verizon jacking up prices and wanting customers to keep throwing money at them. 

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Decent Promos for Current Customers
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

In two years at T-Mobile you will be in the same boat as you are now at VZW. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tigerstep

There's no such thing as a free phone. Those promotions are tied to 24 months of service to keep getting credits to make that phone "free". If the network experience is bad, that's 2 years you're stuck unless you are fine with paying remaining retail balance to leave early.

When factoring all possible discounts, it really isn't that different with Tmobile. Magenta plus is $43 per line with 4 lines on autopay. Verizon's Play and Do more are $45 for 4 lines. If you're a first responder, teacher, military or nurse that knocks an extra $20 off that making it cheaper.

0 Likes
mnfarmwife

When you are one single person, Verizon kind of screws you. They flat out told me to pay more money since my phone is trashed after they had me do a factory reset. Now I lost everything and my phone still doesnt work but the best they can do is offer the same deal as everyone else. 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

mnfarmwife, your longtime patronage is appreciated. It disappoints us to learn that you're feeling this way about our promotions. We provide a variety of promotions throughout the year. Most of which are available to both new and existing customers alike. In the last year alone we've run several up to 50% off trade-in promotions (no new line required), $100 to $300 discounts on premium smartphone devices (with no trade-in required) and BOGO offerings (where at least one new line is required, as has always been required by all cellular providers when a BOGO is offered on a premium smartphone device). You can always check our deals page for the latest promotional offerings via the following link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/deals-landing/. Are you having an issue with your current device that has prompted an interest in which to upgrade it?

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
mnfarmwife

yes, my apps do not load, calls dropping and silence when people call me. 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

mnfarmwife, this is definitely not how we would want your device to work. Is the phone behaving this way even after you did the factory reset? Is your device still within the one year manufacture warranty? Is there any physical damage to your device?

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes
mnfarmwife

Still acting after a factory reset, no I’m out of the warranty and no damage. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

To help with dropped calls, is there Wi-Fi where this happens?
If so, then is Wi-Fi calling enabled?

https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-204165/

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes