Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deceptive Acts or Practices
NDouros

Has Verizon ever heard of the Federal Trade Commission Act
Section 5: Unfair or Deceptive Acts or Practices;

“Deceptive Practices
An act or practice is deceptive where
• a representation, omission, or practice misleads or is likely to mislead the consumer;
• a consumer’s interpretation of the representation, omission, or practice is considered reasonable under the circumstances; and
• the misleading representation, omission, or prac- tice is material.“

I traded in a paid off iPhone SE 2nd Gen and was offered $700 for my phone. At no point did any anyone mention in writing or verbally that I would have to keep the more expensive plan to keep my $700 for the phone they took. I received an email today saying, “We wanted to make you aware that you completed a plan change on June 19, 2021 for mobile number ending in 2091. Your original plan qualified you for a monthly trade-in promotion of $29.16 per month. In order to retain your monthly promotion, you would need to switch back to your previous plan or another eligible plan before October 03, 2021. If you choose to keep your current plan, you will no longer qualify for this promotion.”

Verizon took a phone and now they’re saying I won’t get the money for that phone because I downgraded to a less expensive plan.. the promotion was for that phone, not my plan… I think it’s time to file a complaint with the FTC and swing by T Mobile today. 

Some consumers fight back Verizon. 

Re: Deceptive Acts or Practices
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We can understand your shock and confusion regarding the email you received. We are happy to look into this matter to provide you clarity or a resolution to this matter.  Can you please send us a private message, so we can discuss?   *Lisa

0 Likes
Re: Deceptive Acts or Practices
acraftylady2

Do you have a link to the promo showing it didn't state that in the fine print?   Every promo I have seen the details were in there, just have to read.  

0 Likes