Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deceptive Selling?
NickM1

Hello,

I purchased a new phone in October and switched to an unlimited plan as required to be eligible for the promotion ($800 off new phone).

I had started discussing the promotion with an agent but did not complete the purchase. The next day the promotion was expired, but the phone agent I spoke with said I would be eligible based on the conversation I had had the previous day. 3 months (and many customer service calls) later, I still do not have the promotion I was promised correctly showing on my bill. (I was told by Customer Service that the sales agent entered an invalid promo code at the time of sale. Maybe so...but why should I be penalized for that?)

I was also told by the sales agent that I could use my employer discount toward the plan, as I was doing for the shared data plan. She even told me how to confirm by eligibility. When following up on that, I was told the discount was not eligible on unlimited plans.

The sales agent may have provided bad information, but this was the information I used to make my purchase and I feel cheated. My recurring bill is $50 higher per month than I was quoted at the time I changed my plan and purchased the new phone.

0 Likes