Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Defrauded of $2319.96 by Verizon - Anyone else?
Defrauded2021

I purchased four iPhone 12s in June to take advantage of the $579.99 trade-in promotion.

After numerous chat messages and a 3 hour phone call with "Jean", on July 30, I was told that:

- My phones had been received and verified as trade-in eligible

- I will receive my credit "no later" than my September bill.

I have photos of the phones I sent in, the tracking numbers, and IMEIs to support all of the above.

However, after 4 months, I still have not received my trade in credit, and I do not believe Verizon has any intention or ability to honor this promotion.  When I call Verizon, I am unable to speak to a live agent as it keeps redirecting me to a chatbot instead and hanging up.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?  My next call will be to the FTC for deceptive advertising, then the local papers, and then a class action lawyer.  Please share your stories here so we can address these predatory marketing practices.

#iphone #apple #tradein #promotion #billing #fraud #verizon #FTC

Re: Defrauded of $2319.96 by Verizon - Anyone else?
Defrauded2021

Hi Verizon Customer Support - are you going to look into this issue?

0 Likes
Re:
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We know how important it is to get the full trade-in credits for devices that you sent in to us. I'm sure I can help you today. Because I would need to access your account, I will also send you a Private Note.-Jordan

0 Likes
Jewells72

I have been waiting since June to get a valid pin for my e-card from my trade-in.... two private messages were sent, which I replied and yet still no response.... I am about to file with the FTC as well. Maybe then they will figure out what is going on or just respond......I am not holding my breath though.....

Tags (1)
0 Likes
NotSoHappyCustomr

I’ve been sold 3 phones now by them “new” with manufacturer reset issues. My cyber security issues were so bad back in 2020 I had to change banks, email providers make my info and address confidential to avoid retaliation. I reported some companies who defrauded and I kind of went all out guns on them. I believe now these companies started hacking my accounts making it impossible for me to fight them.  They knew I couldn’t afford a lawyer to fight them. There are laws against what they did to you in our state (MN( and you can also get recovery for all your legal fees if they are found guilty. I’ve never seen such widespread white collar crime up here in MN as I have in the past 3 years with businesses trying to recoup losses from the Covid pandemic. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Make a new thread! Hopping on a one-year-old thread is just gonna get the thread closed with no response from Verizon

0 Likes