Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Degraded Cellular Signal
MobileMom1

After using Verizon wireless for 18years with 4 bar signal in my home I am now having huge issues with dropped calls and weak 1-2 bar service since mid 2020.   Numerous conversations and hours spent with Verizon tech support and no answers. The problems started around the time the big 5G pitch started .   I thought I was the only customer with this problem but there are 1000’s of complaints of the same on the Verizon discussion forum.   I switched from AT&T to Verizon 18years ago because of dropped called and poor signal - I have no problem porting my mobile number to a more reliable service provider if I can’t resolve this with Verizon.   I will not continue to pay $300 a month for bad service 

Re: Degraded Cellular Signal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

MobileMom1, I depend on my service constantly, so experiencing a lack of signal along with dropped calls would be very alarming. We appreciate your 18+ years of loyalty and want to look into this and get this resolved for you asap. Please share with me what zip code are you having issues in? Also, confirm for me do you have this issues indoors and outdoors as well?

0 Likes
MobileMom1

Have you received my detailed reply?  I don’t see it in the conversation here….

0 Likes
jshull0

Don't even waste your time if you consider it valuable what so ever.  You might as well port like myself and many others will do.  Verizon coverage and data speeds are worse than any other carrier now, at least in Colorado, I'm sure just about everywhere that 5g UWB isn't available.  CBRS is coming, but not until 2023 in Colorado

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

MobileMom1

This 18-year relationship is important to us. Our goal is to provide you with the best experience possible on your device. Lets see what's causing this drop call issue. Which make and model phone do you have? Did you recently update the software or download a new application to your phone?

Lasina_VZW

0 Likes
MobileMom1

I have an iPhone 7.   All my software is up to date both Apple and Verizon.  My signal strength is highly volatile while driving going quickly from 4 to 1 bars of signal strength but pretty static at 2 down to 1 or no service in and outside my residence.

While troubleshooting with Verizon tech support last week I fully updated my iOS to most recent version.   This has NOT resolved anything.  I have also updated network settings which has not improved my signal strength.

I have not added any new apps.

Anecdotally neighbors say they are not having signal problems with iPhone 10 or higher…

0 Likes
MobileMom1

BEB13155-BEF0-43E0-93F2-57084EECF401.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

MobileMom1

Thank you for those details. Does your device have any physical or liquid damage? When did this issue start? 

-Lasina 

0 Likes
MobileMom1

Signal Problems started in Fall 2019.   I originally thought it was my phone (which had been a swap out earlier in 2019) and was able to have Apple swap it out for a replacement (serial number was part of product recall) in early 2021.  No physical or water damage. 

0 Likes
MobileMom1

This is absolutely a cell tower problem in my area.  I am driving through the Bronx (40 miles from my residence on sout shore of Long Island) I have had a 3-4 bar signal consistently on the Cross Bronx Expressway! 

Obviously I’m not going to send you my address over this forum but is there anyway Verizon can take this offline with me and open a ticket to figure out and resolve why I no longer have adequate cellular service in my local area?

0 Likes