Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Device Payment Buyout Charge - Being Double-Billed?
MSSTARSSXVII

/I also am having the same issue. I am being charged $529 each for 2 phones. The one my daughter paid off the day she went into the Verizon store on 10/9/2021. Verizon seemed to put that amount towards my regular bill instead of crediting it to her phone. My son's phone was not paid off when he upgraded but I didn't realize you don't get credit for the phones you turn into the stores until months later. The store is in possession of the phones, so what can I do? The person who worked there seemed to be very dishonest about everything. They should have a duty to tell you what you will be charged. I also had a bunch of early upgrade fees and activation fees. It's probably a click of a button for Verizon to activate the new phones. I have been a customer of Verizon's for over 10 years. I think those extra fees should be waived as they advertised on our bill that they could get an early upgrade - so there shouldn't be fees for that or they need to advertise that it will cost you. Activation fees are a joke. I guess Verizon doesn't care about their long-term customers. 

0 Likes
Re: Device Payment Buyout Charge - Being Double-Billed?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

MSSTARSSXVII, 

We want to make sure your billing is correct. It is never our intention to make any billing errors. We will need to take a look. While our Activation Fees and Upgrade fees are standard to help improve our services and our network, they should be listed and advised at the time of sale. Let's take a look at the details. Please reply to the Private Message we are sending. 

-Jenelle

0 Likes
Khickey8573

I don't know if I'm relieved to see someone else experiencing this horrific customer service and double billing, or just so disappointed in that we have been Verizon customers for over 20 years.  We turned in our phones in July 2021 and the rep did tell us it would take 2-3 months to see the turn in amount applied to our bill.  We turned in 3 already paid off phones and continue to receive charges for the phones monthly.  Our first two bills paid the phones off as they had about a $100 difference.  Paid. Done!  Verizon has now charged us for the phones again and continue to as well as a 'transfer" fee on two of them last month at the tune of $92 each.  Where is that from?  We have spoken to at least 4 different reps, all say they will escalate our case, we hear nothing.  We went to the local Verizon store in person to get this rectified and they "can't do anything, you have to call". ????  Does anyone have contact information of where we can get this rectified?  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello Khickey8573, 

We value your long time loyalty, and we know how important it is for your billing to be correct! I am so sorry to see the difficulty you have been experiencing, and I'd like to help resolve this. Please reply to our Private Note, for additional assistance with your account. 

-Michelle

0 Likes
Kits1

I having so much trouble with this. I’ve spoke with 4 different agents all giving different answers. One said they’d note that my buyout issue was resolved. When I called a week later to double check because I wasn’t trusting it, they said there was no record I had ever called?!?! Verizon is charging me over $300 for my old device when I was eligible for an upgrade. I was told twice they would cover the cost of the buyout if my trade in meets criteria which it does. I’m beyond frustrated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We know it's important to get your account taken care of. We are here to help. Please send us a Private Note. *Rebecca

0 Likes