Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Device Trade-In / Port-In Scam
randomuser5

TL;DR - The "get up to $350 for an iPhone 7!" promise is grossly overblown. If you're lucky, you'll get 1/10 of that, or enough of a refund to pay for a couple takeout meals. 

I decided to switch to Verizon from T-mobile and trade in my iPhone 7 (which was in 100% working order, factory reset, with zero screen cracks or physical or liquid damage) for what they said online and over the phone would be up to a $350 credit.

Instead they gave me $36. When I called and asked about it, I was told that the warehouse processes the orders based NOT just on whether the phone is damage free, but how old the phone is (i.e. battery use) and whether or not it comes from a GSM carrier (i.e. T mobile phones are valued less because their network is incompatible with Verizon's).

The whole POINT of the trade in promotion is to get customers from other carriers to switch, and they purposely don't include this information? I am infuriated. Verizon, it's no less of a lie if you simply exaggerate and leave out some of the key facts! I'm telling all my friends to stick with T mobile from now on.

0 Likes
Re: Device Trade-In / Port-In Scam
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

randomuser5, I am sad to hear you feel this way. We appreciate your business. I know how important the promotion is to you. Where did you see the details of this promotion? 

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes