Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Difficulty getting military discounts applied
Miranjo

So it seems, after a lot of calls and chats with customer service I cannot get any discounts applied. Over the course of three days it has become quite difficult for customer support to understand me. Initially, I have tried getting my military discount applied through ID.me on my own. However, I receive a confirmation email that it has been applied but it actually isn't. This occurred about 4 months ago I tried several times throughout the 4 months but saw no resolution. Furthermore, I sought assistance from customer service only to be let down. As I expressed the issues I experienced through tech support in chat. Tech Support took a look at my account and told me that my discount was already applied and I was paying for a 90$ plan when it clearly says on my account I am paying for an 80$ plan and that's what I signed up for. Additionally, they have attempted to say that with my auto pay discount and military discount my plan should come out to be 82$. Why would someone be adamant in even telling a customer that? To put it blatantly, that math makes no sense even when taxes are involved. If someone in management see's this my advice is to ensure there is a Standard of Operations and Procedures available because I believe a good amount of Verizon's employee's lack the training to service customers. I am in disbelief that this is happening to me on Veteran's day of all day's.... 

0 Likes
Re: Difficulty getting military discounts applied
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Miranjo,

These day, it's vital to get the most savings, and your military discount is no exception. I also want to extend my appreciation for your service. Let's work together and make sure you're able to get this attached as quickly as possible. 

The best path to take will be reaching out to my peers in the validation team (http://spr.ly/6606MILIo). The link will provide multiple options for contacting them (phone, chat, email). This way, you'll get right to the source and the discount can be updated ASAP. 

-Ryan

0 Likes