Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Digital Secure - Unsubscribing from Paid Subscription
dahlgrim

I am trying to unsubscribe from my Digital Secure paid subscription.  Within My Verizon, I see the following:  

Unsubscribe from Digital Secure

If you want to cancel your paid subscription to Digital Secure, you need to unsubscribe in the app, remove it from your account in My Verizon or contact us. Uninstalling the app from your device will not unsubscribe you from the paid service.

Note: You can keep the Digital Secure app installed and continue to use the free version after unsubscribing.

Since I simply want to unsubscribe from the paid version and continue to use the free version, I went to the app to unsubscribe (there are instructions in My Verizon regarding how to do this), but I could not figure out how to do it (you can't do what the instructions tell you to do).  So I chatted with a rep online, and the rep told me 1) there is no free version and 2) to unsubscribe I simply need to uninstall the app.  So, I uninstalled the app.  Hopefully the charge will not appear on future bills.  Just wondering if anyone else can shed any light on this matter.  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Digital Secure - Unsubscribing from Paid Subscription
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, please go to the Products & Apps page in My Verizon> Manage Your Products tab> Scroll to the Security & Privacy section> Remove from account>Yes> Close.

KerryC_VZW

0 Likes
dahlgrim

Hello.  I followed your instructions, but there is no option to remove from account.  On the "Manage Your Products" tab, I have 3 links to choose from in the "Security & Privacy" section:

• Manage Security & Privacy
  • Check My Device Security
  • More Info

The first link gives me the option to upgrade to multi-device security.  The second link shows the two phones on my account that are currently enrolled.  The third link presents info on the free single device version (which I guess does not exist based on what the online rep told me yesterday) and the multi-device version.  None of the links includes an option to remove from account.  

0 Likes
Helper2021

Typical Verizon run-around.  Call them and have it removed.  It takes three business days to show up.  Verizon's plan is to make it so difficult to get rid of it that you will give up.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes