Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Disable two step verification
CS73

I put on the two step verification on my Verizon account last week because of an email security breech, and I now want to remove it. However, I am now unable to DISABLE this feature. 

How do I disable this feature? 

0 Likes
Re: Disable two step verification
WhippetMom

I've come to the conclusion it is IMPOSSIBLE to disable the two step verification feature!!  And it is one of the most frustrating things I've run into.   I absolutely hate it.   I've spent way too much time on Chat with Agents are unable to fix this. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello WhippetMom,

We know how important it is to be able to manage the security to your account. Two-Factor Authentication is a way to ensure no unauthorized access is possible to your online account. You can add or remove Two-Factor Authentication from your My Verizon account: https://www.verizon.com/support/keeping-your-account-safe-faqs/ (look for "Two-Factor Authentication on the My Verizon website").

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
hateverizon2022

no you cant...ive clicked off and again and again and still i have to go find my phone to click that i am on my home computer.  ive never had to do this before and no matter how many times i turn it off it wont go away so i am 100% positive your block spam callers button is just as shabby and inconsistent.

kh_jenn

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

hateverizon2022, we appreciate the information you provided. We want nothing more than to provide you with a resolution. Do you have the My Verizon mobile app on your phone? If so, please open the app and follow these steps.

Tap Account

Tap the gear icon on the upper right hand side of the screen

Tap on Two-Factor authentication.

Tap the switch to turn off (black)

Please let us know if you run into any issues. -Jacob

0 Likes