Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Disappointed: Current active customer with autopay enabled and still account was referred to collections.
rchall201

Hi I am very disappointed by Verizon, I moved to Verizon in November 2021 I was given 2 different accounts one account with 2 devices that were ported in from one carrier and another account for 1 device which was purchased from Verizon, and later the customer service representative helped me with merging these two accounts to one single account all was good until this step. Now all of sudden I see my account is referred to collections as there was a balance pending in one of the merged accounts. I am still an active customer with autopay enabled and I am frustrated as this has negatively my credit score. I tried calling the number which was provided in the credit report which is 800-852-1922 been going in circles to get to the right department to fix this issue. FYI I did not receive any mail or SMS stating that there is a pending balance in the old account. Someone, please help me with an email address or number where I can reach out to get the negative remark removed from my credit report.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Disappointed: Current active customer with autopay...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello rchall201 and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are concerned to learn of the experience that you have had with this matter, and we want to help you get the assistance you need as soon as possible. What happens when trying the number 800-852-1922 exactly? Is it that none of the prompts sound like your scenario or are you speaking with someone and getting transferred by chance? We want to double-check this information as this is the number where our representatives can assist you specifically when it comes to credit score inquiries.

-Candice

0 Likes
rchall201

I gave up after 6 hours of talking with different people. I will give it a shot again is there any other means other than the phone I can reach out to this team so that I get a written response as most folks I spoke to don't seem to understand the problem or don't know which department to route my call to.

0 Likes
rchall201

Called again today and the number directs me to the customer care department for which I had to wait almost 30 mins after that they connected me to a recovery department that said is looking into my concerns and later the call got automatically disconnected. Now I have to go through the same process again. Why do I have to go through this waiting process for no mistake of mine can Verizon not call me back or reach out to me directly to resolve my concerns?

0 Likes
rchall201

This is the worst and a broken customer service I have ever experienced where I am trying to find answers from the community as a last resort to fix my credit score.

0 Likes