Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Disconnected Service
mpetro

My service was disconnected a couple of weeks ago because my bill payment was not received. I understand that not paying a bill is certainly a reason to cancel someone's service but...

My bill was due on Oct. 8th. My handwritten records (several of them) show that I paid it online. For whatever reason, the payment didn't go through. Maybe I did something wrong on the website. Maybe it was a problem on Verizon's end. I don't know. Regardless, the payment wasn't received.

My service was disconnected on Oct. 29th. Just three weeks after the due date. I found out about the disconnect notice later that evening when I realized that I couldn't connect to the internet. When I tried to call others in my family to see if they were having the same problem, I was connected to Verizon instead. That's how I found out. No phone call. No text message. Nothing. Just, "hey, you can't make that phone call because you didn't pay your bill."

When I spoke with a Verizon rep, I asked for assurance that that would never happen again. I was told the same thing would happen. "The system does that automatically," is what I was told. That is just not acceptable. We are paying around $3000/year for all the phones in our family. I expect better service than that. Way better.

I just received a text message from Verizon offering a $250 discount on an iPhone. But Verizon couldn't send me a text message to let me know that my payment wasn't received? A simple message to let me know that my service was going to be disconnected? No. But for the important items like upgrades, yeah, make sure you text that out.

I'm sorry, but I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Re: Disconnected Service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're truly sorry to hear about your experience. We wouldn't want you to leave our Verizon family. Please respond to our private message so we can further discuss your scenario/options.   JoelD_VZW

0 Likes
Tigerstep

You do that, it won't do anything to stop a carrier sending automated messages about promos. It's also up to you to check your bank statements. I do this all the time. If you did the same, you'd notice a lack of Verizon payment.

0 Likes
djklein

I have the same issue. No Notice and they just disconnect. I know it was my error to not make the split payment arrangement after paying nearly half the bill but my bill isn't even 2 weeks past due. Now I have to come up with another $100 to pay reconnection fees. I've been with verizon for over 10 years  and I think this is horse poop. Other providers are looking better and better. I just called one and they send notices before they disconnect.  I know I'm just a small dollar sign to their large customer base so I doubt they give a rats butt. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello djklein,

We know how important it is to ensure your account is active and working. Depending on the current status of your account and previous payment history, your account can experience collections treatments while we attempt to collect payment on your account. This can happen any time you are past due on your bill. You will need to contact our Financial Services team directly at 866-266-1445 Sat7:00AM - 7:00PM CT; Mon-Fri7:00AM - 11:00PM CT. They will be able to advise you of the options you have to restore your service.

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes