Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Discount That Had Been Promised Multiple Times Never Applied
Shay25

Hello,

I am having this same issue regarding a promotion for a smartwatch. I placed this order in October 2021 through the app on my account, and got a new line just for the promotion. I added the promo code in the cart and it showed as successfully applied. After submitting the order I did not see the promotion or credit confirmed. I spoke to agents at least 2-3 times through chat and they all assured me it would be applied (I would have cancelled the order if it wasn’t .) However I checked today and  I see that the discount has never been applied. I’ve been on chat with an agent for over 6 hours now, and it sounded like it’d be resolved, I assume either gift card or monthly credit. They said they were speaking to seniors and also looked at the previous chats where I was told the promo would be applied by credit on future bills, and the agent said they were almost done sorting it all around 6pm. However shift change must have occurred (I never closed the app and have been spending my entire day off constantly checking the chat and not using my phone at all because of this) and now I’m being told nothing can be done, or at best a $20 credit. It is now 9pm. I am very frustrated as I have now wasted over 6 hrs, plus all the time chatting with agents when I first purchased, and I’m out not just the $150, but all the money paid for the line and the cost of the watch because I would not have purchased otherwise. Is there another route to speak to someone who can help me, has anyone gotten this issue fixed?

0 Likes
Re: Discount That Had Been Promised Multiple Times Never Applied
Shay25

7 hours on chat now with no solution, and nearly 12 months of payments where my discount was not honored despite meeting all the terms and conditions AND being told by multiple people that they looked into it and it would be applied. At this point I am ready to change service providers all together, this has wasted so much time and has caused completely unnecessary stress. I know it is not the customer agent’s fault and maybe their hands are tied? But is there not a way to speak to a manager or someone higher up? All the chats should be saved in their system so I do not know why I am not getting help.

0 Likes
Shay25

UPDATE: I reached out on Twitter around 4AM with all the info, and the first rep seemed like they could provide a resolution. Unfortunately they were very busy that night, and I had been working on this from 3pm to 4am at this point, and I fell asleep before I saw the response that came in around 5AM. I responded in the AM and got a new agent who unfortunately didn’t know how to help me. I was feeling quite hopeless at this point but reached out via FB messenger to try again At 1PM. It took about an hour, but that agent was able to give me a manual credit as I’ve been a loyal customer with on time online patients, and I had multiple chats and phone calls with agents back when I made the purchase promising me the deal had applied. The process of sorting this was a bit time consuming and stressful, but the FB messenger customer service team were amazing and pulled through to help me. Thank you Verizon FB team! I was very close to switching service providers to XFinity or T-Mobile but now I’ll be staying with Verizon. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi there! I am so sorry you haven't received the help you have needed with your promo. As long as you met all the eligibility requirements of the promo, I can submit a promo correction form to get the promo added to your account. Please send me a Private Message, so I can help.

*Ana

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Shay. Thank you so much for bringing this matter up to the Verizon Social Media Team. Your loyalty means the world to us, and we don't want to see you go. We certainly don't want to lose your business. Please allow us the opportunity to provide you with the help you deserve. To get started please send us a Private Message. Remember, we're available 24/7, 365 days of the year.

>Mel

0 Likes