Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Discount
themoores

why does it take a new line or new customer to receive a discount on a new phone??? I have 6 lines and have been a Cust in good standing for 15 years!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Discount
Tigerstep

Older customers can have grandfathered plans while new customers may not. If a new customer (or even existing since it's not a new customer promo, but a new line one..._) leaves before the term is up, they are 100% responsible for any remaining balance they would have owed on the phone.

Nothing is free. Verizon makes money on service, not phones.

0 Likes
themoores

yes, they make money on service not phones but they still make a way to provide a discounted phone to new customers or new line customers..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Themoores, we value all of our customers, both current and new. For this reason, we frequently change the sales or promotions that are offered. Just as with any carrier, many sales are geared toward that new line of service that anyone may take advantage of. We also do run sales that do not have this requirement but may require a trade in or specific plan to enjoy the benefits. From time to time you may also see that there is a specific offer available for your account. When this happens, the offer is made available under Notifications on My Verizon. LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
angelag83

I have also been a verizon customer for over 10 years and have worked for my current company for 5. How do I add a discount to my current plan? 

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

@angelag83 wrote:

I have also been a verizon customer for over 10 years and have worked for my current company for 5. How do I add a discount to my current plan? 

Which plan do you have? The current plans require the account owner to pay the bill with a checking account, debit card or the Verizon Visa credit card and they also need select paperless billing to qualify for discount. Have you checked if your company offers a discount?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We do appreciate your loyalty, Angelag. I would love to help with your discounts. The good news is you can add it here: www.vzw.com/discounts Does this help? -Amber

0 Likes