Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Disney+ Bundle Issue and Poor Customer Service
Jrud03

Back in early January I updated one of my four lines to a new plan to receive the Disney+ Bundle for free through Verizon. I was able to register my Disney+ account through Verizon and everything was fine. We decided to look into Ad Free Hulu. I spoke to a Verizon rep who said: "You need to unsubscribe your bundle through Verizon and go sign up for Ad Free through Hulu or Disney and then come back and subscribe to the Verizon Disney+ Bundle again." I followed those instructions but that's when everything went downhill. 

When I returned to sign up for the bundle via the Verizon website, I enter the email I use for my Dinsey+/HULU and I receive an error in orange, "We were unable to validate your email address. Please try again." I've also tried to sign up via the app and I receive a general error message to try again.

I spoke to Disney and everything looks good on their end. So I called Verizon and it's the same repetitive thing over and over. First we opened a ticket around 01/28. After a few days I still couldn't sign up so I called back. They said "Your ticket was closed and it says to try a different email." Even though I would have lost all my profile info I tried that with no success. To be honest I tried 4 different emails with no luck. So I called Verizon back at which time we begun a 3 way call with a Verizon and Disney. The Disney rep was also talking to a Hulu rep. After 2 hours of troubleshooting everyone's systems we still couldn't resolve the issue. We went to the point of changing my Hulu email and as last resort deleting my Hulu account completely. It still didn't resolve it. So the Verizon rep opened a new ticket. Again after a few days they just closed it out. Verizon told me to try changing my Verizon login information which didn't work. Then they decided to Hard Transfer me to Disney which was again pointless. I called Verizon back spoke to another Tier 2 rep who I went through troubleshooting and they said well I'll have to open a third ticket. At this point, I' beyond frustrated. I asked for a credit to cover the $12.99 I was paying out of pocket. After initially receiving push back about my request, they finally agreed. Believe it or not, they closed my ticket again without resolving the issue. Around February 10th, I called back and the rep hard transferred me to Tier 2 without explaining the issue. The Tier 2 rep again without saying what they were about to do then hard transferred me back to Disney.

I immediately called Verizon back and someone who claimed to be a "Customer Pro Rep" answered. Very nice woman who agreed the way I was treated thus far was horrible. She did explain that there is an issue on the "backend". Basically something is stuck between Verizon and Disney. They would a high level tech to look into it and my account my have to be "rebuilt". Whatever that means... So she explained she would open a new ticket and escalate after 24 hours. I agreed to that as I didn't have any other option. After a few weeks I still hadn't heard anything so I contacted Verizon again. The first rep said they didn't have any info about my ticket so they would have to send me to Tier 2. Of course she hard transferred me again. That rep pulled up the ticket again and said "Oh it's still pending." I asked if there was anyone he could contact to get an update and he said no but I should give it another 24-72 hours. He said, "most issues are resolved after 72 hours." I told him he should look at the ticket creation date because it had been 14 days since the recent ticket and there was 3 prior tickets. He just told me to keep trying to sign up each day. I asked him if someone could call me back and he said no probably not since tickets are resolved and the techs just move on to the next issue. I was super annoyed as now we were in late February.

This last Thursday, 03/04/2021 I called Verizon again to see if there was any update. After explaining the issue to the rep, she basically hard transferred me back to the general verizon 1-800 queue. Great workaround to avoid "Hanging up on a customer". I immediately called back and asked for a supervisor. After a few minutes a supervisor called me back. I explained the situation to him and he said he would need to send an email to the tech working on my issue because it still just said "Pending". The supervisor apologized and said he would address my customer service complaints and would do everything he could to get to the bottom of this issue. He then promised to call me back within 24 hours to provide me an update regardless of what's going on with the ticket. I told him that other reps had made that same promise and I never get a call back. I basically explained I was making preparations to port out my lines to a new service because I had lost confidence in Verizon's customer service. Honestly I would save a ton of money by switching but being that I've been with Verizon since the Airtouch days, I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.

So 24 hour came and went with no callback from the supervisor. So since late January I have been unable to the Disney+ Bundle on my account and I double checked and I'm fairly confident that they also did not apply my credit for last month. Honestly this is by far the worst customer service I have experienced. Verizon has no system in place for properly following-up with escalated technical issues and they overall have no answer to my issue. I can't imagine what the issue is but Verizon needs to get their act together. Even if it's a bigger issue that they are trying to resolve with Disney, update your customers! Don't leave them hanging. Terrible customer service and my ticket is still pending since 02/10. What a joke!

0 Likes
Re: Disney+ Bundle Issue and Poor Customer Service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It sounds as if you were advised to do things that have now caused you not to have access to Disney+ or Hulu, with or without the ads, Jrud03. We have sent a Private Note so we can gather further details and access your account. 

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
Janem12

I have the same issue, was it ever fixed?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Janem12-

It concerns us to hear that you are having issues with your Disney + bundle. We do not have any known issues with the subscription so we would like to gather more details to best assist. Can you tell me about the exact issue you are experiencing? 

0 Likes
Greysword

We have the same problem, basically.  For being a large tech company, Verizon IT is completely incompetent in this relationship.

In our case, we put the Play and More on her line, and she signed up for the Disney Bundle.  This has caused the Reference ID Verizon sends to Disney+ to be tagged as a minor, and Verizon is unable (or unwilling) to simply cancel the original Reference number for our account and send a new sign-up request. 

We have been dealing with this since Nov 28th (it's Jan 9th).  The training for the Customer Service reps/Teir 2 phone associates is incredibly subpar.  They have NO CLUE how this works and the two systems interact.  The reps are also unwilling (unable) to realize it's a Verizon issue and not a Disney issue.

We are fed up, as well, and have started looking at alternatives.  It's a shame, really, we really enjoy the Verizon network, but if we are not going to get the primary benefit of the Play and More plan, then we will look at the competition that has the same sort of deal with Netflix/HBOMax.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to make sure we're doing all we can to get your Disney Bundle up and running! It's a great service and we want you to get the benefit of it as part of being a Verizon customer! Please, follow and DM us on Twitter, to get started.

*Chance

0 Likes
Greysword

Why should I take this to twitter, when live agents from both Verizon and Disney can't fix it when they are communicating with each other?

0 Likes
Greysword

I wanted to add, the solution is to get a network engineer (level 3 support) on the line with Disney+ tech support, and have them work together to determine why Disney is not getting the info needed from Verizon's network to activate the service.

The problem is that Verizon's system isn't sending the proper info to Disney+.  It isn't a Disney tech issue, it is a Verizon tech issue.  This has been verified by tech support on both sides.  Unfortunately, each Verizon ticket that gets open is promptly closed without fixing the issue.

0 Likes