Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Disney Bundle and Verizon has worst customer service EVER
CJT3

In May I upgraded my plan specifically to get the Disney Bundle, I've been subscribing to Disney+ through Verizon for a couple of years now. 
After upgrading my plan I went through the activation process to get the bundle, and my Verizon account says it's activated, however ESPN+ says I'm expired and Hulu is still charging me separately. I go to my account on Disney+, it says I only subscribe to Disney+, managed by Verizon, and I get an offer to but the bundle upgrade from Disney.  I've had multiple chats, phone calls, and support tickets, they all start me at troubleshooting level zero each time, wasting the first half hour to an hour each time (yes, I know my username and password, I can log in to each service, the issue is what Disney shows and what Verizon shows are two different things, and for my Disney+ account to say "managed by verizon" when I log into Disney+, I'm sure it is the right account that Verizon is managing, etc.), it's like the first level support techs cannot actually troubleshoot and check on anything from the backend, they can just read a script and not deviate from it and really give no value to customer service...Then each time the person supporting says it needs to go to the next level, and then I hear nothing. I have a support ticket showing in My Verizon from 5/11/22 with no activity originating from Verizon, I keep putting messages in it just to keep it active...So I still have no access ESPN+, even though that is the reason I changed phone plans. If Verizon is not going to deliver the services promised, I could save a lot of money moving my family to T-Mobile Magenta Max or Google Fi and just subscribe to Disney services outright. 

0 Likes
Re: Disney Bundle and Verizon has worst customer service EVER
CJT3

I would sure love to be watch Sporting KC vs Union Omaha right now on ESPN+, but a month and a half after ACTIVATING my upgrade to the Disney Bundle, I still don't have access to ESPN+, even though there are multiple open  support tickets on the issue..

I'm giving VZW a couple more days and then moving to Google Fi or T-Mobile if they fail at this support.

0 Likes
CJT3

Crickets from on any of the tickets in on this issue. Verizon is not interested in delivering the services they promise. I'm not going to waste another hour+ starting with level one support again (of course I can't get anyone to admit they are not a bot, so maybe it is all AI), only to be passed off to the next level, where tickets apparently go to die....Yes I know my password, WHEN I LOG IN TO DISNEY+ IS SAYS "MANAGED BY VERIZON" SO IT IS THE SAME ACCOUNT VERIZON IS MANAGING...my Verizon account confirms I upgraded to the bundle in May and activated it, but Disney account only show Disney+ with an offer for me to pay Disney for the bundle upgrade. I was going to blame it on changing APIs on the Disney and VZW integrators didn't get the memo, but sounds like on this forum that ignoring these requests has been Verizon's MO for years. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs

I gave up and changed lines to the start plan.  Saved $20 a month, and now can pay for disney bundle and have left over.  We don’t get deprioritized much if ever

0 Likes
CJT3

If I give up, I'll just leave Verizon, I'm not reward bad customer service by just moving to a different plan.

mama23dogs

I’m not interested in going out of the frying pan into the fire. I left AT&T in 2019 because they have without reservation and a public record of the worst customer service in the wireless industry with the exception of sprint.

The only reason I would have for leaving Verizon would be if they took away my 4% perk for using the Verizon Visa card

0 Likes
jared1111

For what it's worth, I also can't Disney despite Verizon saying I'm enrolled in the promo. I got Verizon support to admit that there is a problem on their end that they're investigating, but there's been no noticeable progress in the last week. I'm hoping if I give it another week things will improve.

0 Likes
mama23dogs

How funny.  We only wanted HULU, and Disney is the only thing that works.  We don’t watch ESPN

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hey, CJT3. Thank you for reaching out to the Social Media team. I'm here and ready to help. Please, send us a Private Note to get started.

*Haley

0 Likes