Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do NOT buy Verizon Insurance, Apple Care Significantly Better
newman123

I wiped out while running the other day and cracked the back screen of my iphone 12. After exhausting a deluge of options I finally decided to order a back myself and take it to Cellphone Repair. I learned a lot about why Verizon Insurance is essentially unhelpful and a huge waste of money and I wanted to share it with others considering what insurance to buy. Tl;dr, if you want coverage, buy Apple Care:

1) Key point, Verizon does not repair back glass, but Apple AND Cellphone Repair do. So they recommended I buy an entire new phone which would have included a $300 deductible even thought everything was working other than aesthetics of the back

2) Apple Care is literally cheaper for superior services. The monthly cost is about $6 cheaper than Verizon Insurance despite lower deductibles for claims

3) Verizon made this really confusing. Online they told me to go to a store for a repair. Once I was at the repair, I learned that you have to send in claims. 

After I fix my phone I will be switching insurance. This has been a big ordeal caused by Verizon not being very helpful. I hope others can benefit from knowing this ahead of time. 

0 Likes
Re: Do NOT buy Verizon Insurance, Apple Care Significantly Better
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

newman123, we are sorry to hear that your phone was damaged and that you had any confusion regarding the insurance claim process. Insurance claims are processed directly through Asurion. A deductible is required for insurance claims for repairs and replacements which is less than the total retail cost of the device. Insurance claims are filed through Asurion on phoneclaim.com or by calling 1-888-881-2622. Please see the link below for details and let us know if you have any other questions.

https://www.verizon.com/support/file-a-claim-faqs/

*Joshua

0 Likes
Re: Do NOT buy Verizon Insurance, Apple Care Significantly Better
newman123

lol, this is all very obvious. As usual, not helpful

0 Likes