Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do any of you think advertising unlimited data and then prioritizing is the same as lying to customers?
Ruletheair7

I think it is fraud  and misrepresentation when Verizon advertises unlimited data and then turns it down to only 600 kbs which is almost unusable. What a joke I’m leaving this company.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Do any of you think advertising unlimited data and then prioritizing your data and slowing it down to the point of being unusable is the same as lying to customers
Ann154
Expert
Expert

It is technically better than the maximum dial-up speed of 56 kbps.

Verizon Wireless clearly states in the plan terms what the restrictions are including the speed restrictions. The plan is for unlimited data, not unlimited speed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Do any of you think advertising unlimited data and then prioritizing your data and slowing it down to the point of being unusable is the same as lying to customers
Ann154
Expert
Expert

It is technically better than the maximum dial-up speed of 56 kbps.

Verizon Wireless clearly states in the plan terms what the restrictions are including the speed restrictions. The plan is for unlimited data, not unlimited speed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ruletheair7

I don’t think quoting fine print and stipulating that unlimited data does not mean fast data is a [removed] . You are very well aware that most people do not realize until they read the fine print our receive the slowdown realize just how deceptive your advertising is. I have not heard anyone saying in your advertisements how much your speed is slow down an I don’t think quoting fine print and stipulating that unlimited data does not mean fast data is a [removed] . You are very well aware that most people do not realize until they read the fine print our receive the slowdown realize just how deceptive your advertising is.  I have not heard you advertise your 600 kb or less. Yes it might be faster than dial-up but that doesn’t mean it’s very usable at all in the modern world of data transmission. I am a network and computer student and I can tell you the only reason you do this is because you can for the money. Like I said I’m actively shopping around for someone else. Paul

Content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderators.

0 Likes
Ruletheair7

I am clearly stating that no matter what a corporation put in it’s fine friend it is there to protect them and her protect their bottom line which is profit. I feel that Verizon is a very deceptive advertiser and I could care less if it’s in the FinePrint what’s going to happen to you it is ridiculous. Post

0 Likes
Re: Do any of you think advertising unlimited data and then prioritizing is the same as lying to customers?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

WASHINGMOUNT-

Our goal is for our customers to be informed on their plan options and what's included to avoid confusions. Our website has information and FAQ's regarding the Unlimited plans we offer so that you can make the best decision for your usage. We offer two different Unlimited plans for your review. Go Unlimited and Beyond Unlimited. On the Go Unlimited plan, your speed may slow down at any time during times of congestion http://vz.to/2wpJGOU

On the Beyond Unlimited, only after 22 GB of data/per line, in times of congestion, your data may be slower than other traffic http://vz.to/2w8KZBL

Which plan do you have?

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Do any of you think advertising unlimited data and then prioritizing is the same as lying to customers?
Ruletheair7

My only real issue is the fact Verizon is basically shutting down the option of tethering. As I said in a earlier post the speeds after slowdown are in a practle since unisable. I live in a very rural area where the choices are limited. In the future verizon will be forced by market demand to be more realistic with its throttling. Paul

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Then pick a tiered data plan and pay for your actual usage.

lukevinyl

Verizon is a mobile provider and is not intended to be a replacement for a wired home internet service.

Mobile providers are limited in bandwidth which means the more people on it the slower the speeds get for everyone. So yes, if you would like to use unusually large amounts of data you have  to pay for it and the unlimited plan is not for you. The unlimited plan gives much more data for the price than the tiered allowance plans but if you need more than this at full 4G LTE speeds then you have to pay for it.

If it were not like this, with people using this as a replacement to home service with full 4G LTE speeds regardless of amount used-- the network would be unusable for you and everyone else.

By the way, VZW is not the only one offering an unlimited plan that has data prioritization built in to decrease abuse and they are all advertised as unlimited. You just have to be a smart consumer and read the terms and conditions, like with any other service provider (wireless or not).

0 Likes
Ruletheair7

I did Some research turns out T Mobile does not throttle until after you have used 50 GB. In the area where I live there is no other alternative for Internet except cell service. I am not a gamer or a large consumer of data. I believe that your exclamations while factually true do not go to the root of the problem. Other providers have a limited network just as Verizon  and yet they provide more tethering allowances than Verizon. I have been a loyal customer. I am a educated consumer.  In your rhetoric I perceive a bias and a subjective understanding of my particular circumstance. I have made almost all A’s in my studies. So I believe my understanding and awareness are just fine. Paul

0 Likes
Ruletheair7

I believe your statements are shallow attempts to justify higher prices and throttling. I live in an area that is rural and I am sure there is not a high saturation rate. I find your explanations to be designed to justify practices without any real data to provide. Most consumers will ditch your high prices and throttling as soon as possible just like I am. Why would anyone put up with 600kbps. That is unreasonable and  arbitrary . Paul

0 Likes