Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Does Military Discount Stack With Autopay and Paperless Discounts?
JoJoFlan

I just signed up for Autopay in order to get the $10 discount. I already have $15 off for Military discount. I looked on my next bill and I see that only the Military discount shows up. I had also signed up for the Paperless Bill discount a while back. I don't see it on there either.

I'm just wondering if the Military discount negates the other two?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Does Military Discount Stack With Autopay and Paperless Discounts?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

JoJoFlan, thanks for your Military service and the good news is that you can get both the Military Discount and Auto Pay discount at the same time on your account.

Please note that in order to qualify for the Auto Pay Discount you must be enrolled in paper-free billing and set up Auto Pay via a Debit Card, Checking Account or Verizon Visa Card only. The use of other credit cards do not qualify.

Please reference Question #4 at the link attached on which plans qualify for our Auto Pay discount. http://spr.ly/6606Hqmbn

Let us know if this helps going forward.

AlanS_VZW

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

JoJoFlan, thanks for your Military service and the good news is that you can get both the Military Discount and Auto Pay discount at the same time on your account.

Please note that in order to qualify for the Auto Pay Discount you must be enrolled in paper-free billing and set up Auto Pay via a Debit Card, Checking Account or Verizon Visa Card only. The use of other credit cards do not qualify.

Please reference Question #4 at the link attached on which plans qualify for our Auto Pay discount. http://spr.ly/6606Hqmbn

Let us know if this helps going forward.

AlanS_VZW

Petey_38

I have been experiencing the same issue for the last 6 months. I signed up for paperless billing and auto pay to receive the discount, but I haven’t been receiving the auto pay discount for the last 6 months. I am only receiving my military discount. 
I call and email to express my concern, to no avail. I have multiple ticket numbers saved for my inquiry to Verizon about the issue, of which they never respond back. Techs say that they call back, but never do. I have multiple unanswered emails. 
I’m going to take to online forums and expose the untruth about their offer and false advertising. 

Ann154
Expert
Expert

@Petey_38 wrote:

I have been experiencing the same issue for the last 6 months. I signed up for paperless billing and auto pay to receive the discount, but I haven’t been receiving the auto pay discount for the last 6 months. I am only receiving my military discount. 
I call and email to express my concern, to no avail. I have multiple ticket numbers saved for my inquiry to Verizon about the issue, of which they never respond back. Techs say that they call back, but never do. I have multiple unanswered emails. 
I’m going to take to online forums and expose the untruth about their offer and false advertising. 

Did you change how you were paying the bill around 6 months ago or earlier that would cause the autopay discount to drop off? If you don't know for certain, you may want to review your payment history. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello Petey_38, we're concerned to learn that you're not getting the Auto Pay discount, and we'd love to help! Please send us a private note to better assist. ~Baldo

0 Likes
Kball80

I just signed up last week and my future bill also only shows military discount but no discount for autopay. If you can't stack the two discounts then you are not giving military/veterans anymore discount than anyone who didn't serve that can just sign up for autopay. Therefore you are really just false advertising support for military/veterans. 

0 Likes
Broerm

I'm having the same problem. We are getting the autopay discount, but I've done online verification for first responder multiple times and nothing adds it.  I chatted for about 30 minutes today only to be told I need to call.  Any thoughts on getting both to apply?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want you to get your First Responder discount.  *Melissa

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're happy to take a look at your account to see what's going on if you send us a Private Note . You can also call our Employment Verification Center at 800-890-8007. They are the department that adds those discounts. *Melissa

0 Likes