Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Does The Other Line On My Plan Have Usage Overage?
MARHEI61

[Removed] shares my [Removed] verizon plan. Does that number have usage overage?

Personal information  removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Another number shares my verizon plan. Does it have usage overage?
andreas_vzw
Verizon Employee

We want to ensure you are able to prevent overage on your plan, MARHEI61. As SuzyQ has described, if you are on the new Verizon Plan, the control is in your hands to prevent overages with safety mode. If you are on an older plan, any lines that are on your plan would contribute to usage, and possible overage. Data Usage FAQs | Verizon Wireless

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Are you on the newer Verizon plan with Safety Mode activated/enabled?  If the answer is yes, then when your combined usage reaches the plan allowance, Safety mode will kick in, meaning you will continue to have cellular data usage but at reduced speed, and there will be no charge for any overages.

If Safety mode is not enabled, then your speed will remain at the normal 4G LTE speed, and you WILL be charged overages, based on how much over the allowance both phones use. 

Post back if you have further questions.

0 Likes
andreas_vzw
Verizon Employee

We want to ensure you are able to prevent overage on your plan, MARHEI61. As SuzyQ has described, if you are on the new Verizon Plan, the control is in your hands to prevent overages with safety mode. If you are on an older plan, any lines that are on your plan would contribute to usage, and possible overage. Data Usage FAQs | Verizon Wireless

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes