Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Does an apple watch use alot of data?
pommom91

Just got a message I'm almost out of data. Rarely have gotten that message previously, but just got a new Apple watch on Sept. 2nd. Wondering if that would do it.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Does an apple watch use alot of data?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

pommom91,

We want you to have enough data for your needs. Have you downloaded any new apps lately? Has your WiFi availability changed? In regards to the Apple Watch, it is not a connected device, so it does not use any data on its own. It is connected via bluetooth to your iPhone. Does that help?

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
flashmason

The new Apple watches are cellular phones and can function as such without any paired or nearby iPhone.

I want to know if the new Apple watch will consume lots of chargeable data. (Please don't tell me about your new unlimited data plans.) What I want to know is if I use the new Apple Watch without pairing via

What I want to know is if I use the new Apple Watch (without pairing via bluetooth) by itself for example, with a GPS mapping app on the watch for running trails, will data consumption on the watch be tracked as data consumed and be chargable to my Verizon account?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

The Apple watch is a great accessory to your iPhone, ERISPE58! Happy to clarify about the data usage. It will use data similarly to how your phone uses data. For example, when trying to see how much data your watch could use when in our Data Calculator, you would select Smartphone. Here is the link to our calculator to see what you could expect from your watch's data usage: http://spr.ly/65828fJPA.

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
benyapa

If I have an apple watch with cellular and I also connect it to the iPhone and share the number on my plan where I have to pay $30 to activate and $10 per month, does the watch use the cellular plan when I have the phone with me and the phone is connecting to wifi.  I don't see anywhere on the phone where I can tell it to connect to wifi.  I understand that if I'm outside and only have the phone, it will e using cellular data.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

benyapa, The watch has it's own data plan that it relies on. This way, it won't use any of the data allotted to the cell phone. KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
Marymmm1

Your suggested link took me to smart phone sales.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current.

If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes