Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Does paying my bill help with credit score?
LOGCAR64

Hi all,

I was just curious about something. So when I pay my phone bill (as I always do), does it help my credit score? I use a debit card. Sorry if this is in the wrong section. Any response would be appreciated.

- Logan

Labels (1)
Re: Does paying my bill help with credit score?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Getting your bill paid on time definitely is important, LOGCAR64. I am happy to go over some details with you. While paying your bill on time each month does not directly impact your credit score, it does keep your account active and current (naturally). If you decide to not pay your bill and the account is eventually closed due to non-payment, that is when it will negatively impact your credit score. Does this make sense?

Greg_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Cameron6615

So what your saying is it can only hurt your score 

not make it better ?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Most likely since you are not using "credit" but simply making payments on a recurring bill. I'm not sure how that would work with any device payments you may be making at the same time because those would be payments against a credit balance you have received.

0 Likes
Tigerstep

Opening up an account causes a hard inquiry. Paying the bill has no impact on credit unless you stop paying which negatively impacts it.

Unless the payment method is with a credit card that is being paid on time (which would apply to every thing used by that card to purchase), the account isn't doing anything for the credit. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

In short, Cameron6615, that is correct. ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes