Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Done with Verizon
lola2012

On April 1st 2021 I went to my local verizon store after waiting an hour to get in, verizon offered a trade-in for phones that were old or even damaged.The employee looked at my phone, typed in the information off it and I was quoted to get the $800 credit. Now maybe the employee didn't hear me,  the pin number I told them didn't work or they typed it in wrong. While trying to register multiple times with the pin it locked my account. I also never received a box or shipping label on the 1st, I thought it would come in the mail. After a week and getting messages saying time is running out to send my phone in, I went back to the store had them fix my pin and get me a box and shipping label to send in the phone. Why was I not just given that on the 1st ?
 I don't have much free time between work and after trying multiple times to fix the problem just so I could register and also unlock my account. The automated system was useless. I took more of my free time on the 27th to go back to the verizon store and talk to a person who wanted me to try the bots again. First he looked at his tablet and said my bill was past due, so I paid it in store then was told it actually wasn't past due. After showing them them the problem they finally got a real person on the line who didn't seem to understand them at first that I wasn't registered but the account was locked which sent me though multiple steps in one big circle to unlock my account, although I wasn't registered so I couldn't unlock my account to register.

Now I finally get into my account on April 27th over 3 weeks later! I went over my bill last night and checked my trade-in to see if it posted and to my surprise they said my phone was different than expected.  It was the exact one the person at verizon looked at and took information off of. They said it got me a $20 credit! $20 credit out of $800 ? That is completely unacceptable, I couldn't even get to my account until last night or I would have disputed this earlier. From a quote for a $800 credit and a $110 monthly bill to a $20 credit and a $150-$160 bill, plus all the problems listed before. I ready to be done with your company completely.  Customers should not have to deal with this many problems in the first month. Wasting my money, my fuel and my time. 

0 Likes
Re: Done with Verizon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

lola2012, our goal is to provide you with a great experience, so we regret reading about the issues with the trade-in, account access, and bill. We hope to work toward a resolution to your concerns to keep you with Verizon. Your time is valuable, so a resolution should have been provided the first time around. Regaining your confidence is a priority. Please check your Private Messages for further assistance. 

0 Likes
RedxxQueen

Verizon agent promised me 2 $400 gift cards for porting over 3 lines via text, but now no one will acknowledge it in fact I was told that I was lied to by a different Verizon agent, Nice. And now conveniently they lost my phones that I sent in using their package that they sent me but since I didn't write down the tracking number they claim to never have received them. This company is the most dishonest company I've ever dealt with and their customer service is as bad as Amazon. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

RedxxQueen, we certainly don't want to leave things this way and want to investigate right away. Did you ever receive an email with tracking information from the shipping company?

0 Likes