Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dont trade in your phone!
Rvia85

I upgraded 2 phones with the trade in promo of $800 even if your device was damaged.

I did the upgrade over the phone with a rep and I asked before we did anything if a device with a cracked back would be eligible. He said it was fine. I repeated many times that the device had a Crack in the back of it and he reassured me it would be fine.

Well surprise surprise Verizon is false advertising because when they evaluated the phone they did not honor the trade in value.

Now I get to go back and forth with them until they either return my device or give me the promo. 

Basically don't do it Verizon lies and the only reason I stay with them is because I get service everywhere but if this garbage continues I'm switching. I know they can't afford to lose a lot of customers because I get text messages everyday begging me to add lines of service. NOPE I'll take my 6 lines elsewhere if I have to. 

Re: Dont trade in your phone!
Doggo
Novice

You can buy a brand new phone for the cost of repairing the backs on some phone models. I'm not surprised if that damage wasn't covered compared to a more reasonable front screen.

Instead of advising people not to trade their phones, I'd advise people take better care of theirs. I'd never run an expensive phone without a protective case. My phone had a glass back as well and of all the times it was accidentally dropped, it still looks pristine.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Rvia85, our trade-in promotions are great. Especially the get-up to $800 discount offer. We apologize for the issues you are having and we want to help you. What are the makes and models of the devices you purchased and of the phones you traded in? 

Please review the Get up to $800 off select smartphone for new lines and upgrades | damaged devices accepted FAQs

https://www.verizon.com/support/800-off-smartphone-trade-in-offer-faqs/?adobe_mc=MCMID%3D01324984738...

JacobG_VZW

0 Likes
Tfstaton

Are there any updates?

I'm currently facing this same issue!  Traded in 2 devices, both cracked, but otherwise functional. They only gave credit for one and now they are "investigating" the other. 

This was during the $800 trade in a damaged device promotion as well.

Agent tried to say trade in was received after 30 days.  Not true and I proved it. Then said the screen was cracked. Well, yeah...it was a damaged trade in promo!

I spent over 2 hours today dealing with this and it will be "investigated."

My time is being wasted and my patience is wearing thin. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Tfstaton, getting your trade in concerns answered is of the utmost importance. We understand that this has been a long ordeal for you and that has not been our intention. You mentioned you were given an update about the second device being investigated. How did you find out this information? Are you looking for an updated on only one phone? 

-TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
OneWrongMove

We traded in a phone, and just got a bill with two trade-in adjustments totaling over $370. It looks like Verizon never processed the trade in phone even though UPS tracking shows it was delivered. We have now traded two phones, and both times got charged back. Any help would be appreciated, I have been sitting on hold for an hour now waiting for an agent.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

OneWrongMove, we understand the importance of having the correct information regarding your trade in. Did you receive submission ID numbers for your trades? Does it show a charge on your account for $370? Were the devices traded in damaged? *Joshua

0 Likes
creativechef81

I got one even better!! We recently decided to take advantage of a trade in promo. my sister had a few scratches on BACK of the phone…. No cracks and nothing wrong with the phone. We were assured verbally that was considered good condition. Then before mailing we showed to the rep at the Verizon store and he’s like no problem you should have no issues trading it in. Fast forward one week… get email from Verizon saying trade in promo of $459 is now dropped to $10 because they didn't receive the phone in condition we said it was in. Tonight I spent an hour and a half waiting to just speak to a rep. When I finally got through the rep was just as shocked as us. He called “back office” to see what happened and was informed that they take $50 off the value PER SCRATCH! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 what the??????? He then said he was going to transfer me to someone else so I waited it’s now been around 2+ hrs I’ve been on phone. I waited for a few mins to be greeted by automated greetings that you hit when you first call in….so now I’ve wasted my evening and still don’t have any resolution!!! Im sooo tired of the hoops, hold times and the lies!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We know it's important to get the full value of your trade-in. We want to look into this. Please send us a Private Message. *Rebecca

0 Likes
Mcconner1

I’m having the same problem right now.  I just got an email and said they would not credit the trade in for $800.00. They gave me zero.  My phone worked perfect. The only reason I upgraded was the trade in.  I didn’t believe it from the email soliciting,   so I contact a Verizon representative and he verified and performed the upgrade for me.  
I hav now been on wait phone and chat now for two and a half hours without any help .  I will take up the battle tomorrow.  Fu%k Verizon and their lying a$$.es

Mcconner1