Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Early Device Upgrade WARNING
dsnyder9785

If you have a monthly device credit through a promotion to get a new device, and you want to upgrade your device early, be warned that you will LOSE ALL FUTURE CREDITS if you pay off the device in full (which you have to pay the full amount), and then get a new device with a new promo including device credits. 

This information is not very clear at all and is definitely not shown to the customer as a disclaimer before they go through with the process. Basically you have to guess Verizon would probably do something like that, and dig through the website for some fine print, or call and ask specific questions like that.

It seems kind of backwards to me to lose credits because I upgraded early, I feel like I was punished even though I felt like I was doing good paying off a loan ahead of schedule and also buying a new device (which is what Verizon should want!).

I had to speak to several agents before getting some kind of compensation. I received $50 off my next bill, although I lost $150 in device credits that I thought I would be getting spread out over the next year. I appreciate the band-aid but the problem of lack of transparency with customers goes on ignored.

Re: Early Device Upgrade WARNING
Ann154
Expert
Expert

The Verizon Wireless Community forum is filled with threads that have the other community members warning the other members about ending their Device Payment Agreements early. The details of the promotion also include the warning.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes