Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emailed verizon $450 E-gift card never used $0 balance available??? help???
Dpowell1107

So I have this issue with my promotion I was promised. If I switch my service I will receive $450 e-gift card. So verizon did hold up that end of the deal sending me the e-gift via email, only problem was the Giftcard that I never got a chance to use was emailed to me with a $0 balance. I have tried for over just about a year now to get this addressed. With numerous amounts of hours spent being bounced around by customer service to what they think is the correct rebates department only to find out that’s rebates for verizon credit card rewards not the e-gift card problem solver, and trips to verizon stores again only to be given a phone number which leads me back to customer service and can’t seem to get me to the right department or provide me with a direct phone number to that department, 1 year latter I’m at a dead end. I wish I would’ve known this from the beginning so I didn’t waste my time and get my hopes up so many times thinking to myself I’m going to get this fixed today finally only for that never to have happened. I don’t know what to do or who can help me get this straightened out but I have a total of 3 e gift cards 2 of them is for $450 and 1 of them is for $300 a total of $1200. I don’t want to give this up $1200 is not a small amount of money to just say here you go I’m not going to try anymore. Does anyone have a suggestion for me please anyone direct me to the right path or source, I would greatly appreciate it and owe you 1. Please and thank you 

Re: Emailed verizon $450 E-gift card never used $0 balance available??? help???
VincentH

I am facing the same issue. I feel it is such an unethical practice and should be illegal. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I understand the importance of receiving your egift cards with the balance on them, and I would personally be shocked if they had a 0 balance on them. Please send us a Private Note, so we may be able to take a look to see what is going on, and see how we are able to assist.

*Gert

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

VincentH, we understand the importance of ensuring you are able to use the gift card you received. When did you receive the gift card? What happens when you try using the e-gift card? 

-Shelly

0 Likes
VincentH

Zero dollars because it was expired as the original post mentioned from another customer who is suffering through the same almost illegal and unethical practice. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

As a valued customer, your concerns are our concerns too. We're sorry to hear that yoru e-Gift expired. May I ask if you received documentation from Verizon prior to the expiration date? We'd like to help.-Robert C.

0 Likes
VincentH

Yes, e-mail got hacked and barely recovered it. That is when I was able to recover the master card. No matter what I say, Verizon keeps saying no. 
I believe   this is what the original customer mentioned as well. 
It is called a debit card yet somehow Verizon has the ability to take back all the money. Last  I checked that does not happens with any other non Verizon banks. It should be flat out illegal. 

0 Likes
VincentH

Funny thing: hacker did not take my money but Verizon did. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We understand your concern and would like to take a closer look to your situation. Please send us a Private Note, so we can further assist you.

~Maria

0 Likes